Friday, September 11, 2009

Wholey Sheet, Beetch…it’s tomorrow!!

image

Uhhh, so I guess I’m running a half marathon tomorrow. That’s kinda a big deal. I realize that the rest of you people out there run this for a warm-up, but let’s recap on why this is a big deal.

1) I hate running.
2) Last July I ran my first 5K ever…before that I had never run more than 1 mile.
3) I have a hard time getting comfortable while I run…I clearly belong in the water.
4) I hate running.

Despite my hatred for the motion, I WILL finish tomorrow. Here’s a quick breakdown of the plan for the out and back course.

Plan A:
Run at least the first half at a 10:00min/mile pace before going to a run/walk combo for the second half of 8:00/2:00 ratio.

Plan B:
Run the entire course at a 11:30/12:00 pace and hope for the best.

My left hip is apparently living in dog years because for the last few weeks it’s been feeling like it is 161 years old…so that means I have to break down and take drugs tomorrow before the race so I can actually finish the race.

I’m also going to skip the music (although it’s legal) because the whole reason for me running is to prep for half irons next season (you didn’t think I was doing this for fun…did you?) and we all know music is not allowed on race days.

The plan is to run towards the 3 following ‘rewards’:
1) Ice Cream (I went through detox this week)
2) A new pair of running shorts (ironic, huh?)
3) A call to Crossroads to schedule an inking! (not a triathlon related one)

I’ll be back in the next day or two with the report!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!! Hopefully you have your nutrition plan in place. I suffer from hip issues as well, and the best advice I can give is to keep your core tight. If you let loose, it lets your hip fall. So run in a "proud" position and keep your core engaged.

    You will do GREAT tomorrow!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow!!! Wishing you smooth roads, light feet and a well fueled engine. Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on an awesome race!!! Saw your pace was right where you wanted to be - and on the fast side of your range! Looking forward to your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great!!! Can't wait to read the report.

    ReplyDelete