Ahh the season opener is here! This morning I ran the Fools 5K in Waterloo to raise money for the 2008 flood relief. I registered a couple months ago but last night found out that I'd be having a few running buddies for this morning, BB and her friend, Lizard! I was pretty excited and just wanted to have fun.
It was a costumes run although I'm not one for dressing up when I'm by myself. BB and Lizard grabbed some bunny ears as a last minute costumes thing although they got mistaken for PlayBoy Bunnies, which was quite entertaining!
This was BB's first 5k ever so I decided to stay and run with her. The three of us hung out for a while in the car since it was freezing out (you know Iowa weather...) before warming up and hitting the starting line. Lizard is quite the runner so she went out ahead of us but we saw her kicking ass and taking names a few times on the course. B-Rit and I had a nice run, we had to walk a few times but BB was stellar considering she had never run a 5k and has only run twice in the last few months.Lizard ended up pushing out a 26 minute time, which according to her is not very good (uh...yea right!). We rounded out at 34minutes which was expected. All three of us really had a blast, it was so much fun to see the costumes. I really enjoyed myself and think the season opener is super exciting. It's so refreshing to see people of all shapes and sizes out on the course and to hear everyone else cheer them on. Its a good thing I like the atmosphere, because I have a 5K next week and a possible other one a week after that!


do I need to send you bunny ears for next week's race?
ReplyDeleteI'm more than willing....