Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rainbow Run Race Report, A Week Late

Sorry it's taken so long to get this report up, I just got pictures from the race website.
So last Saturday was the 3rd Annual Over the Rainbow Run, a fundraiser for Iowa City Pride Fest which happens in June.

Since this run wasn't an important run for me, meaning I didn't train specifically for it, it was going to be a fun run for me. Also, my better half (and social conscience) wasn't going to be there, which meant I could wear whatever I wanted...and that I did! My race day attire consisted of running shorts, a white shirt that said "I (heart) lesbians", rainbow socks...and a homemade fro. That's right, I ran the race with my hair sticking out past my shoulders. Britney braided my hair on Friday into french braids and when I got to the race site Saturday morning, I took out the braids, flipped my head over and brushed it out. This is what I ended up looking like:

(I'm the one in the middle with the white shirt)
Pretty impressive huh?

Anyway, the run itself was fairly flat. It took us by the river and we got a nice tour of one of the flood damaged neighborhoods, which I had never been to. Here's me around mile two getting ready to climb the one decent sized hill on the course:

It wasnt the best run I've had, but it wasnt the worst either. I didnt eat a very good breakfast and my head really wasnt in it. I finished in 30:44min and placed 16/53 overall and 8/37 females. It was a fun race and would do it again next year for sure. Shout out to my mom for volunteering on the course...thanks mom!

(Me running under the rainbow for the finish)

My first race of the season is a week from today, I'm pretty pumped, I'll keep ya posted throughout this week on last minute training!!

Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment