- I just got back last week from my summer trip back to Iowa. I was home for over a week and it was a lot of fun to see family and friends and hang out in the ‘cooler’ climate. No work and a lot of play made for a fun vacation!
- On Sunday I had my last race of the season, a sprint relay with JC and her friend. Due to the drought in Houston, it turned into a duathlon in which I ran one mile, JC biked 11 miles and her friend ran 3 miles. I ended up with an 8 minute mile which I was quite satisfied with considering I had not run since July 16th and am considerably out of shape. It was a fun morning nonetheless.
- Also, I swapped out my Oakley Split Jackets this weekend, I opted for a color change on the frame. I like the new colors better:
Lens #1
Lens #2 - Recovery from surgery is going well, the doctor cleaned out the rotator cuff area (thankfully there were no tears) and cut off part of my collar bone to prevent future problems. JC has been a wonderful home nurse, keeping an ice pack on the area as instructed and watching me like a hawk to make sure I don’t try anything stupid.
- Needless to say, recovery has consisted of a lot of this:
(This picture was NOT taken with my permission)
and this
- Mom and Dad also got me important recovery tools in the form of this:
- I’m still taking a break from triathlon training, although I was doing a lot of biking before the surgery since I’m participating in the LiveStrong ride this summer. I’ve been enjoying my break from all things triathlon but am finding that I am starting to miss it, which is a good thing.
- Classes start next Wednesday. Boo.
Hope all is well with you! I’ll check back in a while!
Congrats on the race
ReplyDeleteI hope the recovery and healing is going well
Glad to see a post from you and happy to hear your recovery is going well.
ReplyDeleteI wish we could've met up in Beaumont last weekend but it was super busy for us and sounds like you were busy, too...maybe another time!
I'm doing some recovery of my own...stop by my blog and you'll see what I mean. It's been quite an adventure! Sounds like we're both lucky to have such awesome people nursing us back to health!
Take care!