Last night me, JC and some friends (also PhD students) went to the Maroon 5 concert down the street (read I-45) from us. Turned out to be a good night. JC and I made a day of it by going early and heading to the local mall to get some shopping done. On a whim I decided to take a shot a trying out the latest ‘fashion’ trend, leggings:
What?? They’re just like a wetsuit! …Ok, I’ll stick to my day job.
After a lovely and completely unhealthy dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, it was concert time. The venue was outdoor and had both seats and a lawn area. Since we’re all poor graduate students, we opted for the lawn. The view was still good, and we had a great time. Here are a few pictures of the performers from our perch a mile away:
Today was back to the grind. Up early to get more work done. Don’t worry, I hit the bike, had veggies for lunch (not even kidding) and some ice cream as an afternoon snack. While I’m slaving away, JC turned my transition backpack into a scuba backpack when she and a friend went to a local quarry to go diving! Lucky her (except not ‘cause I’m not ever interested in going diving like that)!
Tomorrow is back to the grind. Hope you are enjoying the fall weather that should be heading your way, we’re having slightly cooler temps (aka average 90* instead of 100*)!
Peace Out!
Cooler temps??
ReplyDeleteRiiiiight.
It was 110 here today. What the heck??
Glad you had a good time at the concert!
Leggins are coming back in style!!!!
ReplyDeleteComing from the people who wear compression like its no big deal