Ok, I know I was missing from the blog world last week, but here are 6 things to get you up to speed on my life (apparently not a whole lot goes on in my life, if the list is only six!) I promise this will be the last list thing for a while. But first here are the pictures of my bike I promised you last week (remember, my better half got me aero bars for my birthday!).
(The twisty ties keeping my computer on my bike, crafted by yours truly)
1) Grammy Camp happened this last week. This is a camp for some grandkids of a friends (there are 5 of them!) who stay at their Grammy’s house and my sister and I act as the counselors. Everyday we do something like the pool or ice skating or a bus ride downtown. Very fun but EXTREMELY exhausting. I don’t know how you parents out there do it!
2) I’ve been keeping up with the workouts for half marathon training. So far the longest run has been 6.5 miles, which I stupidly planned on one of the most hilliest routes while I was home. I wont be making THAT mistake again for a while (even though I know hills are good). I’m continuing to stick with the total weekly mileage even if I need to manipulate it some.
3) Classes start 3 weeks from today, which always sucks. However I am DONE with coursework for this program…I still will be taking credits but they will be research credits for publications.
4) I LOVE MY AERO BARS!! (and the girl who got them for me ;) ) Whenever I ride now whether its a training ride or a ride to the store, I’m always in them…they are so comfortable!
5) I got a new helmet last week. The one I had been using for races was actually BB’s. Mine wouldn’t even meet the safety codes anymore, I got it when I got my mountain bike which was….close to 8 years ago. Below is a picture of my new brain protector.
6) Finally, I got a new phone. This was good and bad. Bad because I didn’t want a new phone. My old phone (although fashionably outdate) worked JUST fine. However, after setting it on top of the van, driving off, having it fall off somewhere, having it rain and not finding it, required me to get a new one. Here is my new phone:
Yes. I got a Blackberry. After struggling for a while, the salesperson mentioned something important: the ability to read documents on the go. That is the reason why I got a smartphone (for the smart price of only $30). Next year I will be working on my PhD in Criminal Justice/Criminology (depending on where I go). That is academic speak for ‘read until your eyes fall out, and then some’, so being able to read on the go…aka when Britney is clothes shopping and I’m standing around like a dutiful husband, is key. I don’t have the internet and I won’t be (n) Syncing with my computer for my calendar. I barely text as is!
So, there you go, you are updated, once more on my life. Starting tomorrow I will be dog sitting the entire month of August, which will be fun, I’m sure I’ll be back to post pictures of the animals. I’ll continue to run my heart out as well.
Happy training!
No comments:
Post a Comment