Emily’s first OWS:
Last Monday the Cedar Valley Endurance group had an open water swim at a lake nearby. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for my sister to try out swimming a) in a lake with other people, and b) in the AquaTux. She wasn’t as excited as I was, but she went along with it. Here are the conclusions we reached:
1) The wetsuit is STILL way to big for Emily in the shoulder area:
2) The wetsuit helps her swimming, but bogs her down with the water that fills the arms
3) She’s going to play it by ear on race day, but she feels more confident swimming 500 yards (which is good)
4) Koeppel girls look damn good in suits!
Iowa vs. UNI
If any of you are from around the Midwest, specifically Iowa, you know that the big game on Saturday was Iowa hosting UNI for football. You also may know that UNI ALMOST beat Iowa…sometimes I wish they did, sometimes I’m glad they didn’t.
My sister and I got to go to the game via our brother’s tickets and decided to make half and half shirts. Both of us go to UNI and I would say I’m a decent Panther’s fan, while our brother plays for Iowa and since we luuurve him, we are fans of Iowa.
We really threw off quite a bit of drunk fans at the game!
Us ‘fighting’ in front of our parent’s house with their flag.
It’s important to know that I sewed my own shirt…all by myself…with help from Emily.
Apples to Apples:
On Sunday my sister and I went to the local apple orchard with my better half’s family to get some delicious apples and take some informal pictures. Here are a few photos for you to enjoy!
All the ‘kids’ that came along, BB’s siblings, with me and my sister.
Jumping for apples.
Lastly, me and my better half.
Hope you all enjoyed the long week and have a great short week!
Ha! Great photos!! I love your sis and her tiny shoulders in that wetsuit!!
ReplyDeleteYou and your sis are so cute! And I've never seen a wetsuit that fit like that one before. Maybe she'll fill it out some if she keeps swimming???
ReplyDelete