Saturday, September 19, 2009

Today a wedding, tomorrow a race!

Tomorrow is my triathlon season closer. I’m not sure how I feel about that, I’m sure I’ll have a season closer post soon. I am excited because it’s my first relay!! Here’s the breakdown of the race:

Who: Emily, Maria and Britney (scroll down for the players bios)

What: 5th Annual Tri-Hawk Sprint Triathlon

When: 9:00am Sunday September 20

Where: Coralville Reservoir, Coralville Iowa

Why: ‘Cause it’s gonna kick some ass!

Player bios:

Emily: The Swim (500 yards)

emily

Age: 19

Suit Size: 32

Wetsuit size: A lot smaller than Maria’s

Will swim for: Exercise, cause she doesn’t ‘sweat’

Fact of life: Started drinking coffee at the age of 2, and making margaritas at the age of 5



Maria: The Bike (15 miles)

mk2

Age: 23

Cycling Shoe Size: 10

Will bike for: Ice cream, chocolate, and fun

Fact of life: Fears fire sprinkler heads and the possibility of windshield wipers flying off



Britney: The Run (3.1 miles)

BB

Age: 21

Shoe Size: 8 1/2

Will run for: Apparently, her girlfriend who signed her up for this shindig.

Fact of life: Thought the state of Indiana was next to Colorado




The goal of the race is to finish and have fun!

I’m off to a wedding today (a straight one), but will be back tomorrow or Monday with the report, I know you will be squirming in anticipation!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great race!!! :) Sounds like you have pulled together a fun crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a relay yesterday --- it was SO MUCH FUN! :) good luck guys !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, love the bios. Sounds like a great team and a fun race. Look forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete