Wednesday, November 4, 2009

70.3 miles until the finish…or to the start.

I officially registered for Racine earlier this week and have had a few days to think about what I just got myself into. Here’s what I’ve got to do between now and July 2010:

  • Get the new bike. Here’s what I’m looking at:
    10_FELT_B14
    2010 Felt B14…mmm, I’m drooling over it just thinking about it. I’m hoping to get it in early spring when they hit local bike shops around here.
  • Get a training plan. I have several options, and this is where I could use your help. Here are my options:
    • a) Write my own plan, basing it off of other plans I find on the net or in books.
    • b) Follow a free plan from a book or website.
    • c) Purchase a plan from online. I’m willing (depending the price) to spend money one time to buy a plan. While I would love to hire a coach, I am a poor college student (with exceptional saving skills) and am hoping to hire one while I’m training for the big one.
  • Find winter motivation. I still haven’t found a regular workout schedule. Once I do find the motivation my plan is this: speed. I’m not going to worry about building a base, I’m going to work on sprints: in the pool and on the track.

On a separate note, I’ve officially submitted my first journal article for publication (the process probably isn’t over, I’ll get it back, make changes, submit again, repeat but the first step is done)!

GRE happens in 13 days…

1 comment: