OK, it’s been forever since I posted, and I apologize for that. So, this post will be filled with random thoughts. These thoughts are not organized and just kind of appear. Grab your popcorn.
- School has become life consuming and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I enjoy what I’m doing and am not stressed by the work itself, but holy god. Politics suck. I want to work in a hole in a cave with 2 people and 2 people only. My mom will be one of those 2 people.
- My social life has taken off. It’s also been a while since I’ve had a solid social life. At UNI, Britney and I lived together so we were each other’s main social entertainment. Here, I’ve made some good friends and I enjoy spending time with them. It’s a foreign concept.
- 2 those two things combined has put a huge damper on my training, as I’ve mentioned before, so I won’t mention it again.
- My last race of the season is in 2 weeks and I am screwed with a capital S. Amazingly enough, I’m oddly ok with that thought.
- I know I’ll finish…I’m too damn stubborn not to, but I’ll do it on my own damn time, which means no PRs so don’t expect much.
- I’ll be sure to have fun, though. I’m looking forward to it. Maybe being back in the race atmosphere will pump me up for next season.
- I bought my tickets to fly home for Christmas break…I’m super pumped. The downside: Britney might be in India for 2 of the 4 weeks I’m home. We never take the easy route…that is for damn sure.
- My mom and a family friend are coming in 10 days for the race. I’m super excited!
- My sister flies in 2 weeks after that for the Thanksgiving holiday…I’m super excited!
- Yay for an awesome family and visitors!!
- The race is 2 weeks out and I need to get shaped up for it. Rule number 1: No ice cream until after race day.
- Yea, I may have had ice cream for breakfast and then tried to go for a run. I think I need a nutritionist as much as I need a coach.
- I tried on my AquaTux last night…thankfully, I still fit in it!
- Bose is a standup company. I broke my $100 headphones, emailed them about a discount rumor and wound up getting my headphones replaced with new ones for free!
- I’ve started to visualize the race daily, which for me is a good thing. I am much more of a mental racer than a physical one. If I check out of a race mid race (it’s only happened once) then I might as well DNF (but that’s never an option).
- I’m upgrading my trainer after the race to prepare for next season (I know I’ll be spending a lot of time on it during school). I’m excited, I’m going with a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine.
- Britney is going hiking at the Grand Canyon for Thanksgiving, I’m super excited for her!
- Writing a 30 page literature review is NOT fun, no matter who you talk to.
- Carved a pumpkin last night…was gonna go with a triathlon theme, but knew it wouldn’t have been fully appreciated so I just went with a grumpy old man look.
- Dude. If I could somehow mix triathletes and criminal justice for a dissertation it would be done. Any suggestions??
- I wasn’t going to post any pictures but just because I’ve been bad at reading and posting I’ll leave you with just one picture from my recent trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival (my friend and I went and dressed up to the nines!):
Check out those ears, baby! Do you have a pair of elf ears lying around your house?? Yea, didn’t think so!
Ok, off to school! Have a good one and I promise to get caught up on everyone’s race reports soon!
Oh my goddess! I WANT THOSE ELF EARS! They are sooo cool. Wow, you are one busy chic on all levels. Don't sweat the race, do your best, enjoy it and finish. I love the new look and title A LOT.
ReplyDeleteAlot going on I see, good to hear and have fun when you get to go home for the holidays.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your race. It is so cool Brittney came to visit, and she is going to LOVE the Canyon, I rafted through it a few years ago.
ReplyDeleteThose ears ROCK
holy douche, batman.
ReplyDeletehow can you write so much about yourself!?
i would DIE.
Well, not sure I understand the point of THAT^^ post but whatever. People are weird.
ReplyDeleteOh my. Nice ears.
Sounds like you've got a lot going on but are adapting to your Texas home just fine. I'm glad to hear it!