Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Texas Tueweday Vol. 10: The first visit

Wow, I can’t believe another week has come and gone…I’m really really slacking on this blog thing! Mid terms are this week so things should settle back down next week, making it easier to keep up here.

Anyway, I had my first visitor this weekend, my better half! She flew in late Thursday night and left Sunday afternoon, so we had the entire weekend together.

…And we did nothing.

Kid you not. We had a few things we wanted to do, visit campus, meet professors, go to the prison museum, shop in Conroe, and head to the national forest. But none of them happened. Britney did meet some of my friends, we all went out Friday night, which was a blast. But the rest of the weekend was spent in down time and it was great. I didn’t work at all (well not enough to really register on the work-o-meter)!

It was a lot of fun, though. It was so good to see her and just hang out. We have a really low key relationship and a weekend of R and R was what we both needed!

But now she’s gone and it’s back to the grind for me. However, this weekend, I might have some really interesting pictures to share with you…I’m going to be stepping outside my box…it should be an interesting trip!

Anyway…I didn’t get a chance to lively watch Kona on Saturday although I caught up on a lot of the action the next day…wow. I was sad to hear Chrissie pulled out, but I can respect her decision. I like Miranda so I’m happy for her. I was pulling for Chris Lieto and was bummed to see him fade…and I’ll be honest, I didn’t think Macca had another win in him, but he earned it! Can’t wait for the NBC broadcast!

In other related (aka triathlon) news, I’ve hit a speed bump in training with my coach. Between my head checking out for the season (as I’ve mentioned before) and my time-crunched schedule, my coach and I have had some creative differences and have needed to reshuffle my training schedule. Grant has been awesome, willing to work with me but not willing to let me drop off (which is what I needed), so hopefully we’ve gotten things figured out.

I think part of my problem is that I’ve been wrapped up and swallowed by school and I never really escape the clutches of work which makes it difficult for me to get out and go for a ride or quality run. But, after a few intense weeks, I’m starting to get cabin fever, which is a good sign because it means I’ll want to get outside more which translates to training. 

On a more positive note, I just booked my tickets to come home for winter break! Which is awesome because I’ll be back in Iowa with the family, but it sucks because it will be Iowa in the winter. Boo.

Back to the books!

2 comments:

  1. HAha bedtime by 10p
    I rule I should be living by!!

    good news on the booked ticket! if you go for a run in winter IA then when you return a run in TX will be glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still alive out there? :-) 10 days since your last post...so sad!

    ReplyDelete