Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7 New facts about Maria since we last spoke

1) Next race up: This Sunday. Texas Star Triathlon. Sprint distance with JC.

2) Finally got the extra room ‘decorated’. It’s aptly named the ‘bike room’.

Bike Room 004
(Can you spot the three reasons why it’s called the bike room?)

Bike Room 005 
(Wall decorated with medals, bibs, a race poster and terrible towels)

3) Classic 4th of July: 105 degrees and the AC broke. The apartment was over 85 degrees so JC and I decided not to cook, which meant we ordered pizza and drove to a shaded parking lot and ate it in the back seat of the car with the car running to stay cool. White trashish or ingenious? You tell me! (Don’t worry, we got the AC fixed today).

2011-07-04_18-40-32_87
(JC enjoying our gourmet dinner at an exclusive restaurant)

4) My very generous Dad, took mercy on us and popped for us to stay in a hotel last night so we didn’t have to sleep in an oven. (He recently came to visit and I think he’s got a new appreciation or pity for us living in this heat).

5) Bad news: A pain in my shoulder is back (I thought it took care of it a few months ago with some magical shots at the Dr.), so I have an MRI scheduled for next Monday. Seeing how it hurts when I swim and lift, I figured I should get this checked out.

6) I was super bummed when I thought I wasn’t going to be able to watch the Tour…luckily JC is a genius and got it figured out. So every morning I get up, watch the TdF until the end of the stage and then head into the office. Rinse. Repeat.

7) I’ve recently become addicted to Parking Wars…watching people deal with parking tickets, towing, booting and impound lots is surprisingly relaxing. Also, it provides a good lesson to be aware of state laws and parking signs. Needless to say, I always make sure I’ve got my proof of insurance and registration up to date!

Anyway, that’s all that is new with me! Also, I promise I’ve been keeping up your blog posts, even if I don’t comment on them!

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics and a really cool glimpse into your life - thanks for sharing!

    P.S. I'm jealous of your bike room. I need to get some hangy things like you have - between my bike, Shan's bike, and Bailey's GIGANTIC crate, there's not much room left for the computer desk...and bookshelves...and console table...and baker's rack with all our motorcycle gear...and...well, you get the picture. ;-)

    Good luck Sunday! I'm looking forward to your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Love the bike room, my whole basement is a tri cave

    - Sucks about the AC, I been there before, IN ARIZONA, IN AUGUST!!! FREAKING SUCKED

    - Parking Wars rocks, so does Repo Men, its hilarious that they think they are above the law and flip out for breaking it. My favorite was the little old lady that followed around a meter lady trying to boss her around about giving out tickets to every car on the street.

    ReplyDelete