I’ve been feeling cruddy the last few days (runny, stuffy nose and dry, coughing throat) so that’s the only title I can think of.
First off, let me say how excited I am for those of you racing next weekend at IMLP…I can’t believe it’s here! It’s been a year since you signed up and blogged about it and boom now it’s just next week! Count me in on the stalking of you for sure!
Anyway, on to the random stuff!
Last Friday JC and I went into town (aka Houston) to meet some friends at the mall to go ice skating and have dinner for a double date. We had a lovely time and neither of us fell or broke any bones.
Also while we were at the mall, I hit up one of my favorite stores, Oakley. I have been eying a new pair of shades (I’m a closet sunglass lover, but only Oakleys, which are like the most expensive kind out there) for a long time and decided to treat myself (Friday was also payday!). I feel like I should say that although I LOVE Oakleys, I only have one pair that I got 4 years ago. I got shopping for them all the time but exhibit good self control. This time, the timing was right and I splurged! I tried on several different pairs but decided on a pair more geared for racing than every day wearing and got myself a nice pair of Split Jackets (the Jawbone was out of my price range and way to big for my face)! Since I was in the store, I was able to get them ‘customized’ so I went ahead with that option. Basically I got to chose the color of everything. I decided to match Frankie, my triathlon bike and went with a Matte Black and red accent. Additionally they come with two pairs of lenses. I got one for bright, sunny days and one for rainy, cloudy days.
It was kinda neat to be able to chose the colors but I wish it was more extensive in the store like it is on the website. Weirdly enough, there are options in the store that you don’t have on the website and options on the website you don’t have at the store. The biggest difference is the lense type. In the store you can get vented lenses, which was big sell for me, but online you don’t have that option. Meanwhile online you have more color choices for some of the accents. But anyway, I’m pretty excited.
Anyway, training has been chugging along. My next race is a sprint relay with JC and her friend. I’ll be swimming, JC will be biking and her friend will be running. Unfortunately, that will mark the end of my season due to injury. The issue with my shoulder has gotten worse and it’s been affecting my training. So I’m skipping the last two races of the season so I can navigate through the doctors appointments.
On the upside, a week from Friday I’m flying north for a visit to Iowa…looking forward to it!
Happy Training Trails!
I really miss ice skating
ReplyDeleteBeing an in the closet sun glass person, Rudy Project is pretty big on sponsoring a/g'ers, heavy into the grass root programs. They dont give free gear, but a pretty good discount off their gear. You should check them out.