Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Da Heat...It be getting to me!

Holy crap, it is hot outside. (just thought I'd start with the obvious statement)

Yesterday I was planning on a six mile run once more before Hy Vee but chickened out. I didnt get outside until close to 10am which apparently translated into 100 degree weather. I ran 3 miles before calling it quits...getting this run wasnt important enough for me to melt. I ran the other 3 miles inside on an indoor track...not quite the same as outside but sometimes ya win and sometimes ya lose.

All was not lost though, I went to an open water swim with Cedar Valley Endurance for the first time, got a good 1500 yards in and met some sweet people. I did swim with the wetsuit on...probably not the best move since I probably wont be able to wear one on Sunday but I'll make sure to hit the pool for a long set in my tri clothes sometime this week to make up for it.

Tonight I'm heading out for a bike ride with my better half and her brother. While it will probably be long, it will be at an easy pace and I'll work on spinning and making sure my bike is fully functioning.

In other news....the heat must apparently be getting to me because I just signed up for my first Half-Marathon ever.....what the hell am I getting myself into?!
It's not until September so after Lifetime in July I'll turn down the biking and swimming (since I'll only have 1 sprint and 1 relay left) and turn up the running. But I really want to do a Half-Iron distance next season and want to make sure I can survive the run so I gotta get started on that now. I'll keep you posted on that training starting in a few weeks.

I'll leave you with this (cause I found it funny and you are my captive audience):

Speed is a relative measurment...keep that in mind when you see me trucking along at the back of the pack on my way to a PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment