Sunday, September 6, 2009

A quick week in review…that doesn’t include running.

It’s official, T-Minus 6 days until my first half marathon. That means this next week I should technically be tapering…right? However, this last week was more of a taper than anything, here’s the breakdown:

Monday: AM: Ran 6.3 miles, surprisingly, I felt great, physically and mentally.
PM: Short open water swim with my sister (will post pictures in the next day or so)

Tuesday: Solid swim workout, only 2000 yards. I have to whip my sister back into shape for our race in two weeks.

Wednesday: AM: Short 3 mile run…was not feeling it. Lifted some in the afternoon.

Thursday: Speed work: 2x (2:00min, 3:00, 4:00) AI at 8:00 min/mile, felt really good.

Friday: Weights in the morning.

Saturday: Quick 6 mile bike ride in the morning.

Sunday: 15 mile bike ride, biked the Tri-Hawk course to get ready for the race in two weeks.

Anyway, I have my half on Saturday and I have yet to run 10 miles or more at one time. Part me is worried and part of me is comfortable with that. I think I’ll play it by ear this week and run part of the course this week to get a couple runs in. When it comes down to it, I trust that I will finish, even if I have to crawl across. I think training alone is harder than racing with a hundred other people. I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

I’m home with the ‘rents for the long weekend, I’ll post pictures of my adventures when I get back to CF. Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend!

P.S I got a researching job this week…finally I’ve got a job remotely related to my field of study!!

2 comments:

  1. Park to Park is a great 1/2 marathon. You'll be fine. Don't underestimate your cross training. Physically, you're ready for 13.1 miles. It's all mental at this point. Keep your head in the game and you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one more thing about Park to Park... bring bug spray! The mosquitos are horrible at the start/finish area!

    ReplyDelete