Yes, yes, you get to read another ‘list’. I promise I’ll be back with a real update sometime soon, hopefully this weekend. But until then, this will have to do.
1) Went on my first graduate school visit last Friday at Michigan State University. It wasn’t anything special, but it did make me concerned about the application process and namely the dreaded GRE…
2) Speaking of the GRE, my D-Day is in T- Minus 3 weeks. That means I have 21 days to cram a crap load of useless information in my brain and hope it stays there for at least 4 hours of testing.
3) Since I was at MSU, my parents and I went to the famed MSU vs. Iowa game. Holy cow…that game took 5 years off my life, I couldn’t believe it. Hopefully Iowa will get through the next few weeks with a little more ease (knock on wood) before OSU.
4) Last Tuesday my sister, my better half and I carved pumpkins! This was the first time I’ve carved a pumpkin in I don’t know how long. I had some problems with the knife at the beginning, but no trips to the ER were made, so the night was considered a success.
Here’s the finish products:
5) On the academic front (the front that is taking over my life), I am this close to submitting my first publication piece. I’ll still have work to do after it’s submitted but it will be one more step completed.
6) I also finished my thesis data collection this week which means I get to start analysis as soon as I finish entering all the data! I’m so ready to be done with this thesis, it has not gone as planned…stupid research…
7) Sadly, there is nothing to report on the training front (that front that was taken over). Britney and I have another road run next week, she’s doing a 5K and I’ll be doing a 10K. We went running this morning again, and will try to make it two days in a row tomorrow!
8) On more exciting news (for me), I’m slowly but surely saving up for a new bike! I’m starting to buy accessories for it little by little before getting the bike in early spring…I’ll keep ya posted!
Fingers crossed for a successful GRE for you!!! I really enjoyed taking it...I'm a little weird that way about standardized tests...hope it goes well!
ReplyDeleteI love all those pumpkins! Each one has a distinctive personality.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your races and the GREs. I remember studying for mine a long time ago - definitely not as fun as running.
ohhh a new bike - exciting!
ReplyDeletegood luck wih the GRE... the LSAT almost made me puke :(