aka my girlfriend REALLY loves me!
Look what Santa (in the form of Britney) got me on black Friday!
It was well worth the large number of people (although things had ‘calmed’ down at 10:30am) since she saved $70 bucks on it!!
I had decided I wanted one for Christmas after reading DC Rainmaker’s many reviews and how-to guides about it (which you can find here, here, here, here and here). I’d say he knows what he’s doing since he’s a triathlon guru if you will. Don’t worry, I did other research and compared it to different models so not all responsibility falls on him…just the good stuff!
I may have carried it around the house on Friday like a stuffed animal and I may have slept with it next to my bed, still in its box. Maybe. But to be fair, Britney’s new camera was on her night stand! (…Yea, we’re weird, but that’s why we’re dating each other!)
I finally opened it yesterday, once I got home from spending the week at my parents (I think I gained the standard 15 thanksgiving pounds by the way). I didn’t want to risk losing any parts and really wanted to savor opening it.
Lucky I was careful to read all the directions that came with it, other wise I wouldn’t have found out that IF I was living in Cali, using the Garmin could give me cancer and cause issues with my pregnancy. But that’s only if I live in California.
The Garmin also came with some nifty instructions about the GPS unit and HR monitor. I think I would have been lost without them:
I haven’t really gotten a good chance to play with it yet, I’m hoping to later today or tomorrow. I was going to last night but the better half and I decided to go camping instead…
…in our living room! We moved the furniture out of the way, put the tent up and dragged a futon mattress in it. Then we had movie night while eating pizza lunchables and clam chowder soup…let the holiday season begin!
I watched Trish and Greyt kick serious butt today from my boring living room in Iowa…sure wish I was there!
I’ll be back after messing with my new toy!
Awesome! It's a very very nice toy - I enjoyed mine thoroughly! Running is never the same after you have GPS for pace/distance! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the tent in the living room - awesome!
ReplyDeleteHooray for the Garmin - what a GREAT gift! Have fun with it and enjoy (wow - someone sure knows you well and loves you! You two are very cute :)
Hope that you have a GREAT week!
NICE, Your gonna love your new toy. I have one and I LOVEEEEEEE IT. Though I am surprised you havent used it yet, I was out biking and running within minutes of getting home. Wait, there was instructions???
ReplyDelete