After one use, the Initial Verdict:
We (I) the jury of ‘endurance’ athletic peers find the Garmin Forerunner 305…GUILTY in the charge 305.1 “Being very user friendly”.
We (I) the jury of ‘endurance’ athletic peers find the Garmin Forerunner 305…GUILTY in the charge 305.2 “Accuracy in the 1st Degree (premeditated)”.
We (I) the jury of ‘endurance’ athletic peers find the Garmin Forerunner 305…GUILTY in the charge 305.3 “Comfortable in the 1st Degree”.
We (I) the jury of ‘endurance’ athletic peers find SportTrack…GUILTY in the charge 2.1.1 “Being very user friendly”.
We (I) the jury of ‘endurance’ athletic peers find SportTrack…GUILTY in the charge 2.1.2 “Excellence in Chart Creation”.
We (I) the jury of ‘endurance’ athletic peers find SportTrack…GUILTY in the charge 2.1.3 “Excellence in Data Management”.
The jury retains the right to change these vertices (if that’s the right word) after the full research regime has occurred. However, until then, the Garmin Forerunner 305 and SportTracks 2.1 are sentenced to manual labor in the form of Maria’s training until further notice.
Comments:
I was pretty pleased with the result of my new toy, in case you haven’t picked up on that. I went for a 3.14 mile run this morning and immediately came back to hook it up to my computer. Using SportTracks (another DC Rainmaker suggestion) this is what I made (pay no attention to the ridiculous numbers, Helga the Hippo is back in full swing):
The best thing is, I even know how to read it! Basically it means that I’m out of shape from what I was a few months ago (like I needed a HR and GPS to figure that one out), but at least I have good tool to use to get back into shape in the coming months!
Tonight or tomorrow I’ll test the HR monitor again with some indoor spinning on my trainer in front of the newest episode of White Collar. But so far, I’m very excited and very pleased with my early Christmas gift!
And you will never be able to train again without it, its that evil!!!
ReplyDeleteyou are a dork... :)
ReplyDelete