Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

Believe it or not, I’ve been running outside!

Well up until yesterday, anyway. I have developed a little routine now that I’m at home. I’m up by 7am, out the door by 8am and am back by 9am. And it’s been working until we got hit with our winter/rain snow/sleet shiznit. Since it’s slick out I’ve been inside. I’m a runner wimp and there is no way I’m going to brave that crap that’s out there! I promise that I’ll be out in the streets as soon as it’s cleared up a bit.

My heart rate has yet to settle down, but I’m going to stop worrying about it for now. I’ll check back in the spring when the weather is better and I’ve built my base back up.

Yesterday I got some mail that I had been waiting for, I bought myself a Christmas gift, a hoodie:

image

Needless to say I’ve been wearing it non-stop. It’s super comfy and I’m excited about it. Now I just need the bike…..

Tonight is Christmas Eve which means present opening in my household, my siblings and I are super excited and I’ll be back within the next few days to share!

Happy Holidays everyone, have a safe and happy season!

P.S. Tonight’s hot topic of discussion in my family: College education and quality of life and quality of person. One side says college education can improve the quality of life and person and the other side is saying that it doesn’t, life experience does. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays

    Well, IMHO a college education just buys you a better working salary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy holidays!

    for me, college was fantastic, but I don't think it's so black + white. it improved MY quality of life b/c it got me the undergrad deg I needed to go to law school... and, of course, I met my husband in college :)

    ReplyDelete