Well hello everybody, I hope you are enjoying your holiday your holiday season. Mine is officially wrapped up, as I only have one Christmas (can you believe it?!). It was good though, my siblings and I finally got to give our parents their big surprise.
My brother, sister and I raised money to send our parents back to their honeymoon in the summer. It was this huge project that Emily and I headed up and we were able to successfully keep it a secret for 6 months before surprising them with it on Christmas. We’re super excited for them and are very thankful for all the help we received!
As far as what I got, I cleaned up pretty well this year.
I got me one of these:
I got me one of these:
And I got me one of these:
Along with socks, butt butter, Trizophrenia, and of course my lovely Garmin!
Despite the good holiday cheer, I’ve been pent up inside the last few days and am really starting to go stir crazy. Really, there is no excuse for it, it’s my own fault. First there was the crappy weather, now the crappy weather is gone but it’s really slick out and I didn’t bring my Yak Trax home. I’ve started getting used to running in the cold and really think it will be something I’ll be able to keep up with, thank goodness. I’ve done my best to keep Holiday snacking at a minimum and think I’m doing moderately well.
I’ve actually been somewhat busy the past few days, helping my aunt prepare her house to move (which means hours of cleaning), finishing up my thesis and of course applying to grad schools. What fun. My better half is gone for the next few days before coming home and leaving again, so my life is boring and somewhat empty without her. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to returning to my apartment and getting back to a routine.
I hope everyone is staying warm! I promise I’ll start getting my butt moving again, otherwise this season is going to be a disaster!
Nice gifts, pays to be on the nice list at xmas
ReplyDeleteDamn girl, you cleaned up good ! now: GET THAT BUTT MOVING! ;)
ReplyDeleteOne of the editors at Velopress sent me a copy of Trizophrenia -- it's great !
Dang, TriSanta visited you big time!
ReplyDeleteThe bad thing about getting all of that cycling stuff...no reason to get ass off the couch and start pedalling.
It is alright to rest for a couple of days -- it always recharges my batteries for sure. And how did you get all that fine gear? Did you send out a list before Christmas complete with links of where to buy?
ReplyDeleteWhatever you did, it worked. Good job!
You cleaned up! Nice haul! You must have been on the "Super" nice list this year.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Nice haul on the gifts! Great motivation to put them to use in 2010.
ReplyDelete