…gets up before freakin’ dawn together.
The Funk of February has tentatively left. I say tentatively because it’s still February.
I finally rolled up my sleeves last week and had a pretty solid week. Although I didn’t hit the pool, and probably wont, I made good headway on running, biking and lifting.
Britney and I have started getting up at 5:30am to be at the gym at 6:00am to go running before classes start. While it’s painful, we both feel so much better afterward. This is a trick because she can’t get out of bed without me pushing her out, and sometimes (read: everyday) I don’t feel like getting up since I know I’ll have time to run later. Nonetheless, we have been moving!
I’ve discovered a new love: gallow-walking. This week and last week, Britney and I have been running for 7 minutes and walking for 1. Unfortunately, we don’t have any way of knowing the pace until we get outside and my GPS can find big brother, but we’ve been moving well. Next week she wants to up it to 8 minutes running, 1 minute walking, but we’ll see. Looking back, I’ve found that my overall pace is faster when I run 5 minutes walk 1 minute since I’ll run at a faster pace for a shorter period of time. I’ll be messing around with that for a while.
In other news, tomorrow is D-Day, as in Defense Day when I get to present 30 minutes of my research (over very exciting gender sentencing discrepancies for rural property offenders) and then answer questions about why I did what I did. I’m pretty excited to be done with my research for a while and work on other things.
Meanwhile, I’m sick and tired of snow!! We had snow last night and today, and will definitely get more by the end of the month. I used to like winter but now I just want spring and summer so I can get outside with my new wheels!
Hope everyone else is enjoying warm weather!
P.S. My first race is a week from Saturday, an indoor sprint tri!
Good luck defending! And good luck this weekend! Can't wait to read all about it!
ReplyDeleteI would like to make a correction... I believe that last week I had to make YOU get out of bed to go running... just saying.
ReplyDeleteB.H.
Way to turn around the funk. It's been nowhere near as cold here in FL but I have been struggling to get outdoors. Once done with the workout, though, if feels pretty good.
ReplyDeleteHope your defense went well!!
Good luck tomorrow at your indoor tri! I've never done an indoor one. I can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDelete