Hi there, my name is Maria and this was my blog. I started it a few years ago to document and share my triathlon related adventures and to meet new people in the tri-world. And it’s worked. However, recently I’ve fallen off the band wagon and it has been almost 2 months since my last post, and I want to apologize for that! It was not my intent to let this fall the waste side, I enjoyed blogging, and I enjoyed reading your blogs and all the feedback that comes along with it, both giving and receiving. If you would forgive this indiscretion, I will do my best to phase back into the blog world, although I won’t be posting as often as I did during the majority of last year.
So assuming you’ve forgiven me and have continued reading, I’ll offer some explanation for my hiatus during the last few months. I was home for most of December and January for winter break and although at times it seemed like that time passed so slowly, in reality all the sudden, I’m back in Texas and the spring semester has started! And with spring semester comes work, work and more work. During that time of being home and the spring semester started life happened and I have learned new lessons about life, love and family. Don’t worry all is well in my little world of training and academics, there is just some new things in my life that I’ve spent more time on (NO! I’m not pregnant or had a child…for pete’s sake).
But not to worry, training has officially resumed. I’m working with Grant Anderson again and with the recent purchase of my new bike trainer, I’ve been doing a fairly good job of staying on track. I was smart enough to foresee a laziness and out of shapeness issue when returning to training so the last few weeks and the next few weeks are focused on building up my base before ACTUALLY building up my base for the Redman Full in September. So far, so good, this full iron thing’s gonna happen baby!
I’ll be back in the next few days with some pictures (I’m currently writing this post while in class..shhh…), I’ve got a new pimped out set up for my bike trainer (and a trainer for my new training buddy, JC), and since you guys know me so well, I’ll throw a picture up of what JC got me for valentine’s day! I will start getting caught up on blogs soon, comments about your life will be shared, I promise!
I hope things are going well for you all, the season is right around the corner (although my corner seems to be closer than last year since right now it’s sunny and 75 degrees here in Prison City!)!
She is alive!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!
ReplyDeleteMARIA!!! YAY you are back!!! Man, when are you transferring to UMaine anyway so we can train together? :)
ReplyDeleteWe missed you!!!
ReplyDelete3 cheers!!! Maria is back! Damn girl, i thought my 2 week hiatus was bad, you make me look good. Missed you and look forward to catching up. Glad you are back to warmer temps so you can get your training on. That 140.6 will be here before you know it.
ReplyDeleteYou are forgiven! :) Just glad to see you are back!
ReplyDeleteHola! I just started my trainer sessions in the past couple of weeks...they are HARD!!
ReplyDeletewelcome back!
D