Sunday, February 27, 2011

Twice Baked Potatoes and Stew…

is what’s for dinner tonight.

I didn’t know what else to title this post so I went with what was in my head.

I can’t believe it’s been a week since I last wrote, time is starting to fly, as it always does. I had a pretty solid week of training, hitting key workouts and running much better than I have in a while. I’m still struggling to actually get into training so if anyone has suggestions to shake off the winter funk, please share.

Notable workout of the week: playing soccer for an hour to get interval work in. It was awesome! I ran 3 miles before playing a pickup game with some classmates (yes, PhD geeks CAN be athletic) and ran an additional 2 miles in sprints during the game. The down side: the injury I sustained: road rash on grass. It sucks. Needless to say the last few days have been spent with a tight shin and making sure it heals correctly with the help of JC, a former college trainer.

Also, bonus points for making a good training decision and staying in Friday night to get up for a 6 am run Saturday morning, let the sacrifices begin!

The downside to the week is that I’ve been fighting my annual spring allergies which is taking more out of me this year than I remember. I’ve been able to work out but the energy isn’t there. This mixed with midterms around the corner and the usual life logistics, I feel like I’m constantly running on E, which I know is not good. I don’t have class this week (everyone is go at the national conference) so hopefully I’ll be able to catch up on sleep and begin to get my head in the training game.

On the upside, the Robyn concert last weekend was AWESOME! It was the first concert I had been to in a long time and it was quite an experience but a good one. The two opening acts, Natasha Kills and Diamond Rings were ok, but Robyn was great live. Here’s a couple shots of Robyn on stage:

Robyn_Feb_2011 020

Robyn_Feb_2011 029  

Robyn_Feb_2011 019

What’s coming up this week?

The pool for sure, tomorrow will be my first swim of the season, barring any rain. I’ve got some runs and a few bikes. This weekend will be fairly quiet since everyone will be in Canada for the conference so I should be able to be productive in both work and training. Also, I’m sure the 3 gallon thing of ice cream will be finished before too long, I’m powering through that sucker like you wouldn’t believe (ok, I’ve had some help) !

Anyway, that’s all I got. I’ll check back in sometime mid week!

Train safe!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you! Robyn looks awesome. I love your dinner, can I come over? That ice cream looks awesome (in the post below) it would be gone and on my ass by now. I don't mean I would put ice cream on my ass, that is gross. I would eat it then that is where it would go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what be interesting, wear your Garmin while playing soccer, then look at how far you ran and most exciting is looking where you ran on the GPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Nice blog you have here. FYI, I created a community of triathlete bloggers online called TriumphTriathlon.com. It's still in BETA phase right now but I'm trying to grow the community. You could also win free entry into the 140.6 of your choice! Please check out. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work on your blog!

    Make it a great day,
    Ruben

    ReplyDelete