Friday, February 18, 2011

Just some quick visuals.

Not a lot has happened since my last post, just more biking and some running. The pools aren’t quite open yet but hopefully next week it will be warm enough to start hitting the water…I’m actually excited for it, although I’m sure I’ll eat those words in a few weeks.

I told you I got my new trainer, which is awesome, by the way. And I kept my old one, it wasn’t broken or anything I just decided to upgrade since I’ll be spending so many hours on it training this season. So, my new training buddy, JC, is able to use my road bike on the old trainer next to me!

JC is a fellow PhD student, who has slowly been forced into entered the world of endurance. In March she’ll be running the Warrior Dash with me and some other students AND…wait for it….in May she’ll be doing a sprint triathlon with me!!! I’m super, super excited (although she’s not as much). She’s a tough kid though, so even though she may not have faith in herself, I know she’ll kick some butt!

But anyway, here’s the new set up in my dining room, I took down my table (which was a card table) and set up the bikes!

P1030150 
Stellar set up, if I do say so myself.

Also, JC got me the PERFECT valentine’s day gift: training fuel!

P1030151 
Why, yes, that IS 3 gallons of ice cream goodness!

We’ve been eating it all week and have barely made a dent:

P1030152
The flavor: Krazie Kookie Dough, its awesome.

Well, that’s all I got for now. Tomorrow I’m heading to the H-Town to see Robyn in concert…if I remember a camera I’ll post pictures, otherwise I’ll share more about it next week!

 

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God, that's all i hafta to say on the 3 gallon vat of ice cream. And one more thing, enjoy!
    I like the set up for the bikes. Looks a lot like mine...it serves its purpose and isn't supposed to be pretty or fancy.
    Train on and hope you get to start swimming next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice cream brings back memories. My brother worked in an ice cream shop for a few years and used to bring home ice cream in buckets like that.

    Nice setup! Dining room tables are overrated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing the Warrior Dash as well, I am soooo looking forward to that race

    Wow, thats ALOT of ice cream

    ReplyDelete