Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shout out to Seatasea!!

Guess what!
I just got a new wetsuit!!
It was kinda a spur of the moment thing, I decided on Friday that I wanted one and BB and I drove to Seatasea in Cedar Rapids to try some on. They were fantastic there! The guy I worked with was very patient and knew his stuff. This was the best time to buy since they are clearing out their 2008 styles. I got a great deal on a Quintana Roo Ultrafull suit. The store also had some tri gear on sale so I got a TYR top and some Yankz, I was pretty excited about that.

I tried the suit out in the pool today and man, it was a new experience. First, it really kept my back up so I completely forgot about my legs, it was like I was doing pull drills. The suit doesnt seal all the way so it was wierd to feel water coming in while I swam, but it made a huge difference for speed, I dropped over a minute off my 500s! I didnt realize how warm it kept me until I took it off and jumped back in the pool, man it was cold!! I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.

I'll try to post pictures soon, some of my bike and new suit.

Hang in there and happy training!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the new suit!!

    I'm sorry this has taken so long! Here are my questions for you. Please let me know when you post it so I don't miss it! Thanks!!

    Interview Questions:

    1.) What was the race that got you "hooked?" Explain.
    2.) What brand of athletic gear are you most loyal to? Why?
    3.) If you could replace one leg of a triathlon (swim, bike, run) with ANYTHING else (canoe, 1/4 mile of monkey bars, off-road baja car race, pull-up challenge, etc), what part would you replace? Why? What would the new leg be? Why?
    4.) On your drive to work, do you listen to alternative, classic rock, NPR, or the local pop station with the trashy and shameless morning show?
    5.) If I was stung by something in the ocean and your pee would make the pain subside, would you pee on my leg if I asked? My chest? My face? Where do you draw the line?

    To play along:
    1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
    2. I will respond by giving you five questions. (I get to pick the questions.)
    3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
    4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
    5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

    ReplyDelete