Tuesday, February 24, 2009

To pee or not to pee...that is the question

So a few weeks ago I asked Steve to interview me, which is this new blog thing going around. He got back to me with his questions and here are my answers...sorry they took so long! Feel free to play along, the directions are at the bottom!


1.) What was the race that got you "hooked?" Explain.
I'd have to say that the Cy-Man got me hooked last September. It was my first sprint distance and I surprised both myself and my family by getting second in the Athena division. It was a nice surprise and now I can die a happy triathlete because I have one medal, which is more than I ever expected! I knew after the race but before I knew my placement that I would be doing this thing again, because I had so much fun doing it.
2.) What brand of athletic gear are you most loyal to? Why?
I'm a big fan of Under Armour. I was a fan of UA before it hit the mainstream years ago while I was in high school and they were making just shirts and shorts. I couldn't tell you why I got hooked in the first place, probably because of excellent advertisement but I love how light the stuff is and how well it works, which is why I still use it now.
3.) If you could replace one leg of a triathlon (swim, bike, run) with ANYTHING else (canoe, 1/4 mile of monkey bars, off-road baja car race, pull-up challenge, etc), what part would you replace? Why? What would the new leg be? Why?
There is no question that I would replace the running leg, because I HATE RUNNING! However, what to replace it with was the question, and after much thought (and by much thought I mean answering right now) I would replace running with detasseling** because its as hard and fun lacking as running is (if I made the triathlon too much fun, everyone would do it and then it would be hard to sign up for races). I'm not sure how much you would have to detassel to substitute for running, I'll leave that up to you.
4.) On your drive to work, do you listen to alternative, classic rock, NPR, or the local pop station with the trashy and shameless morning show?
Well, I don't drive to work, I walk to school but I listen to music on the way there. To answer the question, here is 7 random songs from my iPod play list: 1) Swagger Like Us by T.I. 2) Return to Innocence by Enigma 3) Pop by 'NSync 4) Believe by Cher 5) The Rock by Harry Chapin 6) Father Figure by George Michael and 7) Days Go By by Dirty Vegas. Pretty much anything but country.
5.) If I was stung by something in the ocean and your pee would make the pain subside, would you pee on my leg if I asked? My chest? My face? Where do you draw the line?
This was the question that plagued me for days and I've finally come to a conclusion. The short answer is yes, I would pee on you if it would help the pain. However, it depends on if I like you enough to help you or not. If I'm in a good mood, I'll help, but if not then I might 'have just gone in the ocean' and be fresh out of ammo. But if I was to help, there would be lines first, if you could pee on yourself, then do that. Second, I would only pee on you in places where you couldn't see me. However, to avoid this awkward situation, I know that if I were to travel with Steve to an ocean, to take a cup or a bowl with me where ever I go so you could just pee in the cup and pour on yourself while I kept lookout 25 feet away. Deal?


**Definition of Detasseling for non-Iowans
: Detasseling is the act of removing the pollen tassel from a corn plant and placing it on the ground. (Sounds easier than it is!)

To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by giving you five questions. (I get to pick the questions.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. HAHA!! I love your last answer!!!

    UA rocks!

    And, being from MN, I know all about detasseling. But running is SOO much funner than that! Yes, I said "funner."

    What a random play-list...

    ReplyDelete