Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekly Update

Well, I guess I'm not as good about updating as I thought I would be. To be fair though, not much is going on to report about. I was super excited about my wetsuit but haven't used it since last week, I don't want the chlorine to ruin it.

My Double Ironman Challenge is wrapping to a close soon, just two weeks left. I'm on track to finish with extra miles, but I'll be glad when it's done so I can work on building my running base (which I need to do really badly). Also, I'm getting run into the ground with two to three day workouts, I feel like I'm sacrificing quality for quantity, which is not good. So here is the new breakdown for the rest of the challenge:

Monday - Biking/Weights
Tuesday - Running (am), Swimming (pm)
Wednesday - Running/Weights
Thursday - Biking
Friday - Running (am), Biking (pm)
Saturday - off
Sunday - Swimming
That should get me to the finish of the challenge. I'll give you final numbers in a few weeks.

I've officially signed up for two more triathlons and a 5k. I'm doing the Fools 5K in the Cedar Valley in late March, and signed up for the Pigman Short Course Tri in June and the Hickory Grove Triathlon in late August. I might add one more Olympic distance to the season but we'll see, I don't want to pack to many races in, I've got 4 scheduled already.

I'm still waiting for spring so I can get out running and biking in nice weather, I'm getting tired of sitting on a stationary bike and running around a small track!

I'll post again tonight with answers to Steve's interview questions, I'm still trying to think of an answer for the last question about peeing...I'll let you know how that goes soon! Back to the books.

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be at Little Pig too! Let's make sure to meet up!

    Keep on training hard!

    ReplyDelete