Tuesdays are usually my day off..meaning I have no class so I don't really leave the apartment. I do all my work in our freezing living room. I'm making good headway on the thesis but still have a lot of work to do before the IRB dates. But yesterday I spent the same amount of time at the gym as I would have in class...3 hours.
I had the brilliant idea to work out right when the WRC opened at 3pm. I could get some biking and running before coming back later for swim club. I talked B-Rit into joining me since she signed up for the Ironman Triathlon Challenge as well. I ended up cycling 15 miles and running(ish) 3 miles. Needless to say we were tired and hungry after that workout.
We quickly grabbed subs for lunch before coming back to the WRC for swimming at 6:30pm. B-Rit did an awesome 1100 yards, while I squeezed out 1500 before calling it quits, thus completing the total yardage for a Sprint Tri in a few hours.
I felt really good at the end of the day, but have to repeat it today in the afternoon although without the swimming. Gotta get those miles in for the Double Ironman!
Happy Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment