I’m racing at the Lifetime Fitness Triathlon this weekend in the Twin Cities…
…But that doesn’t mean I’m ready for it!
Let me back up a bit, I raced Hy Vee two weeks ago as my first oly race. I took a few days off last week to recover..aka be a lazy bum, and didn’t really pick it up after that.
I’ve been on the bike a few times, been running a few times and have hit the pool twice, so while physically I’ll be ready for the race and will be able to finish (hopefully around 3 hours) I’m not ready for it mentally, for a couple of reasons:
1) my usual support crew of my better half isn’t able to make it
2) none of the fam will be there either
3) I haven’t been home longer than 5 days since May, so I’m getting tired of travelling
4) I’m looking forward to staying with my friends in the Twin Cities more than the actual race.
That being said, I know on Saturday morning I’ll be ready and super excited about racing, even if I’m just going though the motions. It will be nice to have more than 2 weeks in between this race and my next tri in late August, but I know I’ll have fun at this race as well!
So this week: Olympic Distance Triathlon
Next up: Half Marathon Training Starts (and a road trip to CO!)
I’ll be back next week with the race report!
No comments:
Post a Comment