Saturday, January 31, 2009

Double Ironman Challenge

I just signed up for a Double Ironman Challenge that is sponsored through the school's recreation program. It apparently happens every spring semester and there are three options to choose from:

1) Ironman Challenge (2.4 swim, 112 bike, 26.2 run)
2) Non Swimmer's Challenge (15,000 meter rowing, 112 bike, 26.2 run)
3) Double Ironman Challenge (4.8 swim, 224 bike, 52.4 run)

Basically we have from now until March 6th to complete those distances. I decided to go for the double because I'm already swimming 3 times a week and have picked up the running again. The only challenge will be getting those biking miles in since there is still snow on the ground. I guess I'll be spending a lot of time on those stationary bikes! I figured I could bike 15 miles then run 3 miles three times a week to get all of it done. I'll keep ya posted for how it is going, but for now I gotta get back to the thesis writing...not fun.

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment