Monday, March 15, 2010

The Maiden Voyage

It was really quite simple:
Sunshine + 60*F + New Bike = BIKE RIDE

I worked at the Waffle Stop Grille (a local breakfast joint) until 3ish and was originally going to go for a 6 mile run, however, the roads were just calling, and they were calling loudly. So really it was quite simple (here is more math for ya):
Bike Ride with Britney > 6 Mile Run Alone

So, the better half and I were going to head out on a) my first ride on Frankie the Felt, b) the first outdoor ride of the year and c) the first bike bike ride with Britney (she was going to be riding my old road bike, Gwen). Let me throw more math at ya:
a + b + c = Best Afternoon Ever!

Alas, no more math for you, here is our voyage in pictures:

First Bike 2010 001 
(Getting the feel for Frankie on the ground)

First Bike 2010 005
(BB’s first time with bike shoes and pedals)

First Bike 2010 015
(As you can see, we had beautiful scenery…not)

First Bike 2010 017 
(Stopping for drinks, Britney was afraid to take her hands off the handlebars)

First Bike 2010 018
(The classic “two people, a camera and an arm” shot)

 First Bike 2010 026 (b)
(The half-way shot (BB suggested the pose))

First Bike 2010 032
(Look, I can match my clothes to my bike!)

First Bike 2010 034
(Check out the beautiful scenery now!)

First Bike 2010 037 
(Britney looking good when we got home)

We capped off an awesome 20 mile ride with a great dinner out. I’m excited to spend more time in the saddle this season, both in training rides and with my better half. I’m super excited to get her into biking so we can share this time together!

This week will be a busy one, longer runs, swimming sessions and plenty more time in the saddle…but it should be a good one, I’ll keep you posted.

Keep it realz, yo.

8 comments:

  1. yay! you finally got to ride fo real yo; )
    great pictures too. I like frankie's colors. have a great week of training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sah-weet!!! So glad you got out and enjoyed the spring weather!!! Looking good, ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ride! It worked out great that you got a new bike and your old bike is still getting use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

    Did you break a bottle of champaign across the head tube before you set out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ride and good job getting outside! and my goodness, you have NO trees out thar in the plains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous - I haven't made it out yet. But next Tuesday it is on the schedule!! What?? What's that you say?? Oh, I hear ya....BB's gonna be doing a tri soon....yep....

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic! The two of you spending time together - RIDING THE BIKE OUTSIDE - YEA!!!! Awesome. Your better half is better about the bike-thing than my Other Half. Can't get him anywhere near two wheels... :) You two look super cute together - my favorite pic! What a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachelle- sorry to burst your bubble, but no triathlons for me! I am ok with running, and am slowly getting on board with the whole biking thing... but swimming!?! I get nervous when someone gets in my lane and is too close to me, let alone having tons of other people climbing over me!! I like my place as the sherpa for now :) Hope to see you at some races this year!

    BB

    ReplyDelete