Dude, I kicked butt today, if I do say so myself!
On schedule was a 6 mile run, no big deal except for the fact that a) I hate running and b) I haven’t run 6 miles since September.
After work I came home and immediately changed and headed out for the run. The original plan was to run 3 miles out and back, but I ended up detouring to the trails since they’re starting to show through the snow.
Blah blah blah, I ran my six miles but what I was excited about was a) the fact that I ran the 6 miles, b) twice I could have ran home before finishing the 6 miles and twice I stuck to my guns and made sure I hit the 6 miles, and c) my pace ended up being 10:40 which was better than I could have hoped for.
Anyway, before my run I decided I would treat myself if I finished the 6 miles (motivation if you will) to ice cream. The local Coldstone as a twofer on Wednesdays for college students which means twice the deliciousness, but only if I ran.
Let me introduce you to my recovery method today.
Step 1) Grab your nutrition:
(Chocolate Devotion and Oreo Overload)
Step 2) Put on your recovery socks pants, and eat said nutrition:
(I may or may not be watching The Golden Girls)
Step 3) To ensure proper recovery consume all nutrition:
Impressive huh? I told ya I could hold my ice cream!
I wasn’t the only one with a stellar day today, my better half got up this morning by herself (which is a miracle in itself) and dragged her butt to the rec center to pound out 4 miles of her own! Three cheers for Britney! Whoop Whoop Whoop!!
Tomorrow it’s back to the pool!
what flavors were the ice creams?? i have a cold stone near my house that opened about 5 years ago...never been there and i do like ice cream. great job on cranking out 6 miles, especially since you haven't run that distance in quite some time. see? you are a running natural! 3 cheers for you and Britney.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA Love the nutrition, nice, and keep up the good work on the run
ReplyDeleteNice job!!!! The only way to get better at running is to keep at it and get that mileage done - overcoming the mental barriers is the hardest part!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo on the run! Yea! Keep it up...whenever I finish a workout, I always think that I'm one more workout stronger and faster...that much closer to achieving my goals. Um - so I totally did the same thing as you today - except my food reward was sushi. I just couldn't help myself.... High five!
ReplyDeleteice cream vs ice bath as prefered recovery method....hhhmmmm, tough choice. I think Im gonna go with ice cream! Yum!
ReplyDeleteNice run, glad you had a good one!
Way to go on your run! Whatever it takes to motivate you is good, IMO. I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who doesn't usually reward myself with food. I do make sure I eat well before a workout, though ;-)
ReplyDelete