Friday, March 19, 2010

Sometimes my head is filled with thoughts:

…but only sometimes, and lucky for you, today is one of those days, here’s what was rolling around in my head:

  • I don’t like being a bachelor as much as I used to, Britney is in Oklahoma City at the NCAA tournament with the basketball team. Since the Panthers won, she won’t be back until Sunday.
  • I’ve been watching the entire series of the Golden Girls…I’m about half way done…this show was hilarious! (I’m a lot like Dorothy in case you were wondering)
  • I’ve been spending my week with a zoo: 2 dogs and a cat. They are sure keeping me young.
  • When the weather goes south, my motivation goes south. It’s snowing in freaking Iowa, so that means I skipped my swim and speed work (I know, bad triathlete, bad.). I did my strength workout and will spend 2 hours on the bike.
  • Speaking of which, Frankie the Felt has had an injury that I can’t fix so I need to take her to the doctor. Gwen the Trek is back in action for a short while.
  • I’ve had trouble with swimming, no motivation. I did an awesome workout yesterday but couldn’t repeat today. I’ve decided to join a Master’s team for the summer after I graduate to keep me accountable.
  • I’m not looking forward to the next few weeks, I’m traveling to Chicago for a conference presentation to come back, turn around and fly down to Texas for a few days on a school visit. I’m a homebody, so it’s going to be a long week.
  • I need a new research project to keep me busy, any suggestions? (I’m a criminology student so I study patterns and behaviors relating to crime, criminals and victims)
  • I’ve started saving for Britney’s birthday gift and am halfway there, I’m pretty excited about it!!
  • First race of the year is next Saturday!

There you have it, it’s not much, but it’s been keeping me occupied for the past few days.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck in your race!!!

    I just noticed in your About Me section that you are shooting for a full Ironman next year. Any idea which one you are going to do? I am trying to decide between IM WI and IM KY. Have you heard at all how difficult registration is? I keep hearing horror stories and now I am worried about not being able to get into either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot going on - always tough when your Other Half is not there. Hang tough though! I totally go through old TV shows the same way - when Nathaniel was deployed I watched 9 seasons of "As Time Goes By" - a hilarious Brit Comedy from the 90s with Dame Judy Dench and Geoffry Palmer. I still love it :) No worries on the motivation - winter will do that. And YES - Masters is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow? Really? WOW, Im sorry

    Is it gonna be warm enough for the tri next sat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't help ya on the crime ideas - perhaps a few dozen episodes of CSI will illuminate an idea?

    As for the swim - I'd agree, either a masters program, or just a totally new workout plan for any given swim day - something to keep you interested and to mix it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear about the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to stop by and say hi after you made MARIT that awesome ID card - loved it! HA:)

    You know, my FAV show of all time is CRIMINAL MINDS...love it..

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck in the 5K next saturday. i keep going back and forth whether to do a sprint tri that day or do an 80 mile ride in the hills. i'm torn. in my 3rd year of college majoring in criminology, i put the brakes on and changed over to exercise physiology. had to wait almost a full year for that program to start b/c it only started in the fall...was totally worth it. trying to think of some good topics for you but it's been a looooong time (about 16-17 years ago)...damn, am i that old?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your bike! I hope Frankie will be OK soon. Glad you have two bikes. Now if only the snow would go away ...

    Good luck on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete