**yes, that is politically correct, our mail carrier is a man**
So, I get this box in the mail and thought ‘great, one of my bras has arrived’.
I opened the box and out comes another box:
Uh…do bras come in boxes like that now? I turned to Britney and said ‘I don’t think this is a bra”. I opened the box and this is what I saw:
Yea. That’s definitely not a bra.
Turns out, I got 3rd place in my Athena ‘age’ division! They split the Athenas into two groups: 39 years and younger and 40 years and plus. After that shift, the person who got 3rd, 22 seconds ahead of me and was 42, got first in her division and I moved up, how sweet is that!
The medal they sent looks bronze and is actually larger than the finisher’s medal:
(Podium on the left, finisher on the right)
So, that was my Thursday highlight (along with the 20 mile ride with BB). I’ll be back tomorrow or Saturday with some pre-race thoughts!
NICE!!!!!! CONGRATS Maria!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a fancy box too. The box almost makes a nice display case.
ReplyDeletewoah! sweet finishers medal and box. That box by itself could be an award!haha!
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS AWESOME!! Great medal and box!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYEA! Nice work out there - what a great RD to mail your award to you! :) Excellent as well on the sports bras - that is ALWAYS tough... I really like the 'Moving COmfort' motion control bra - the "Fiona" is really good.. but they also have a super supportive racer-back style... Can't think of the name - but it's great for me. You are doing GREAT! Keep up the awesome work!
ReplyDeleteHow cool! Congrats!I That box it came in is way fancy too.
ReplyDeleteThats so exciting maria!!! yayyy what a nice surprise.
ReplyDeleteHOW FREAKING COOL IT THAT!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I bet you havent taken it off yet.
Congratulations Maria - proud of you! Sweet little surprises like that just make you grin, don't they??
ReplyDelete