Warning: I’m in a pissy mood. Just some ranting.
Screw you…Race photographers:
Because you screwed me….3 times!
1) The Drake Relays half marathon incident, there were 9 shots of my running buddy, 8 of them while I was running next to her and the best shot they got of me was this:
2) Bluff Creek Triathlon: A 3 hour suffer fest and they only got 3 shots of me on the bike. No exit water shots, no running shots and no finish shots, ya know why?? Britney said they left early (apparently, just a few minutes before I came by). That is inexcusable! It was a small race, there should have been plenty of shots, the course was designed for easy spectation! Not to mention we were all so spread out it wasn't like they had to worry about trying to get pictures of people in groups.
3) Hy Vee Triathlon: Although it was shortened to a sprint, they kept their photographers on course. They got 5 shots of me exiting the water, 1 of me on the run and 4 of me finishing…not bad right? Well, yea. But out of the 7000 shots (literally, 7000 shots, I went through them all) this is the best shot they got of me on the bike (#711):
WTF??? Again with the cut off! Look, I know I’m not the best looking person in the world, but I promise, I won’t break your freaking camera!! (and for the record, I was on the chase, not on the pass)
Quite literally, every person got 3-4 shots of them on the bike (just like I had last year), and there were at least 3 bike photographers on the course, one on the way out, one on the way back and one to get cool side profile shots.
This is just freakin’ ridiculous! I pay race fees just like everyone else, and I would imagine that part of that race fee pays for the photographers. I know being a photographer isn’t always the easiest job, but suck it up and do it! I hope they are happy that they got 5 shots of the ding-a-ling with his helmet on backward, 7 shots of the lady with the purple hybrid bike and 4 shots of the guy with the $3000 bike head on in the same position. I don’t need lots of shots..but one quality shot out of the water, one quality shot on the bike, one quality shot on the run and one quality shot at the finish.
So just a warning…I do have more races schedule this season…but you’ll probably only have visual evidence from two of them, when Britney is there. I’ll be sure to warn you when I’m going to a race where you shouldn’t expect pictures…I’ve lost my faith in the professionals.
Screw you…Breasts:
Because you screwed me…daily.
I don’t want them. I don’t need them. I won’t ever use them for their natural purposes. They don’t define me as a woman. They don’t define me as a girlfriend. They’re big. They’re bulky. They bounce. AND IT’S FUCKING ANNOYING.
If they were gone, I wouldn’t miss them. I wouldn’t feel any less of a woman. I wouldn’t feel any less of a girlfriend. My shoulders may actually feel better. I would hate bras less. Men would leave me alone. If it were possible to donate them, like you can with your hair, I would have done that years ago.
Screwing the breasts go hand-in-hand with:
Screw you..Sports Bras:
Because you screwed me…out of my support.
I don’t know what kind of crazy ‘fashion’ designer comes up with these sports bra designs, but they ain’t working. I’ve tried several different combinations and brands but no matter what, I always bounce and I bounce a lot. That bouncing leads to feeling really uncomfortable while running, which leads to less running. I’m not a damn debutante, I’m a freakin triathlete…that means running, not yoga…give me some support!
There are a few companies that claim their bras are designed for big busted women with extra support….but their version of support is extra padding, and lord knows, I don’t need anymore padding in my bras. Not to mention they come with these dainty cup things that are there to separate my breasts while supporting them. I don’t want my chest ‘lifted and separated’, I want my chest ‘separated and smooshed’ so there is no freakin’ bounce!
If I knew more about business and designing, I would create my own sports bras, truly designed for high impact, big chested women. The rib cage size would be the same, because you don’t want that constricted other wise you have breathing problems. Then the breasts would be separated so there is no uni-boob action going on, but the individual-cupped breast would be smashed, if you will, towards you chest, minimizing the bounce. The bra it self would be wide strapped and look more like a training top in the back to spread out the support from just the shoulder area. In addition, it would also be made of material that wouldn't stretch over time and wouldn’t get weighed down with sweat and water. Not to mention, you would only have to wear one instead of two or three.
So if someone could get on that, since I don’t know what I’m doing, that would be great. Thanks.
Ok well, I had more to rant about but I feel much better than I did a while a go. Huh, who knew ranting helped? Well, I hope everyone has a good weekend. I’ll just keep chugging along with my big chest and crappy bras. Maybe next week I’ll post pictures of me training…but only ones that I half appear in.
Have a good one!
Have you tried the Enell? That's the one all the large busted triathletes I know swear by.
ReplyDeleteI hear you on race photographers...this past weekend was the first time in ages I've gotten pictures of all phases of the race without having them come from a friend or spouse. The fast people seem to get tons and it slips off dramatically for the middle to back of the pack. For running races, I've noticed I'm missing entirely except the finish line...maybe being short I'm always behind someone, who knows.
I hope you feel better and have a GREAT weekend!
hi there- lurker here, also overendowed with copious boobage (32F). I completely feel your pain in this regard. The only bra I've found that completely gets rid of the bounce is this one:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-and-undies/medium-high-impact-sports-bras/313801.do?sortby=ourPicks
I use it only for cyclocross racing, as it is kind of hot. So not sure if it's really practical for a lot of running. There are other good ones at the site, look for the 3 barbells plus listings.
Sorry, no bra advice from me. :)
ReplyDeleteIt really sucks about your luck (or lack there of) with pictures. I think the key to good pictures is actually lack of a "professional" photography team. Today, I biked out to a nearby triathlon that a co-worker was doing. The group of photographers was a bunch of volunteers with DSLRs. They were SOOOOO ambitious - it was amazing. Two things in particular impressed me. First, they thought that everyone was out of the water, so they started to migrate back to transition area. When they got word that there was still a woman in the water, one of the photographers took off in a sprint back down to the beach and snapped a half dozen pictures of her as she got out of the water. Second, I was biking portions of the course to look for my coworker. As I passed some photographers going the wrong way, the joked that I must be lost. I laughed and she said, "Oh well, I'll still take your picture". haha. I'll have to look at the lost and found when they post them. So, it seems to have made a difference that the photographers were out their for fun and not as a job.
I hope your luck improves!
SUCKY about the photos! If it make you feel better, they rarely get me.
ReplyDeleteNow on to the topic close to my heart - breasts and sports bras!! I am with you 100% on all counts! I am always offering mine away, no one will take the damn things. They really are always in the way, and I just don't need them. And I can't reign the bastards in to save my life. If you design that sports bra, I will be your #1 client. :)