This is pretty much going to be a review of the last few days. Sit down, buckle up and hold on.
Training Stuff(ish):
- Thursday: 1:30 on the bike trainer…on a good incline (thanks to two large dictionaries). 31 miles…awesome average, even for being on a trainer!
- Friday: after my rant about bras and breasts, I ordered two new sports bras. I’ll be sure to post reviews when I get a chance to try them out. Thanks to everyone who offered advice! Spent another hour on the trainer and pounded out another 20 miles.
- Saturday: Helped some friends move in the morning (thankfully it was good weather), then hit the trails for a 25 mile bike with my better half and her friend. Then we chilled at a local coffee shop with some live music.
- Sunday: Morning brought breakfast of pancakes and some tennis playing with BB. The afternoon brought a half an hour on the trainer, 10.5 miles (you notice there is no running this weekend, I’m still pissed about Friday). Finally, Sunday evening Britney and I caught a showing of Toy Story 3…it’s good!
- Monday: Open water swim at a local lake. Swam a mile in about 30 minutes which I was satisfied with. Although, I did learn something new about myself: I get bored in the water. A lot. I’d swim a while, and pop up and do breast stroke for a while. Swim, repeat, swim, repeat. I didn’t do this because I was tired, anxious or uncomfortable, I was simply bored at looking at nothing in front of me. Gotta work on fixing that.
- Tuesday (today): I slept in and skipped my morning swim, which meant I probably wasn’t going to swim today. Instead Britney and I played basketball for a while before hitting the track for some light jogging. It was a good night.
Other Tidbits(ish):
- My parent’s left for their 2nd honeymoon that my siblings organized for them. It’s funny, I’ve talked to them more this week than I do when they’re at home..usually it’s the other way around. Just a side note: I have the best parents in the world.
- Along with being in the market for a new sports bra, I’ve started eyeing bike travel cases. Due to my impending
doommove to Texas, I thought it would be best to start looking at a case in the event of traveling with my bike. If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it! - I’m also in the market for a fuel belt that I’ll use for the longer distances. I’ll carry my infinit in the belt and worry about water on the course. What belts do you guys use? I want to make sure I can attach my race bib to it as well.
- In addition to having the best parents, and best girlfriend, I also have the best bosses in the world. Disa, my boss at the research center regularly kicks me out of work to train. How cool is that!
- Pretzel M&Ms are awesome! Britney and I definitely polished off a bag for dessert and I feel no guilt with that action.
- Last night I figured out the slowest splits I could have at Racine and still make the cutoff. I have complete confidence that even if I have a meltdown, I’ll still make it. It’s nice to know that, I was getting worried.
- Lastly, I’m changing plates on my Subaru. Instead of the standard Iowa plates, I’m paying just a bit more (like $10 a year) for these awesome Share the Road plates:
Whatcha think?
Ok, that’s about all I got for ya. Half marathon coming up on Sunday, I’ll keep ya posted!
possible License Plates?
ReplyDeletetrime
itri
triowa (my favorite!)
You put in quite the variety of workouts...tennis, hoops, biking, OWS. I love it!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely have to get the share the road plate. We have them here in Florida too.
Have a great half mary this weekend. I'll be sending along positive race mojo to ya.
Nice recovery week
ReplyDeleteLic plate idea: FSTR THN U, and ramp up the training for that kind of smack talk
Hard shell case, stay away from the softshells.
Awesome week! Looking forward to the sports bra review for sure! LOVE the license plate! I get kind of bored in open water too unless I have someone with me swimming. If it is someone in a boat I feel the need to pop up and talk to them, because for some reason I think they are bored or something. I am a dweeb. Pretzel M&M's? They haven't hit Caratunk yet, I am going to have to search them out!
ReplyDelete