Sunday, November 21, 2010

Catch Up!

I’m sorry it’s been so long since my last post! Life takes over and now it’s off season and I’ve been enjoying the break (and by break I mean days in a row without working out…don’t worry it didn’t last long).

There really isn’t much to update on.

I’ve been working out, but not necessarily training. I’m back to lifting with a friend which is always entertaining, but I’ve started running a bit so not all is lost.

I AM working on a recruit to the sport and think with a little patience I may get her on board. The progress so far: she purchased a helmet and goggles and has been running for a week. Pretty good, right?? I’ll keep you update on the progress!

School has been fairly slow the last few weeks, I’m just about done with the semester. Last week most of the professors were out of town at a conference so I got some much needed down time. This week is Thanksgiving break so campus is dead again (I know because I’m still around and on campus like a nerd).

HOWEVER…visitor #3 is coming TOMORROW! 

Back in July I gave my sister a plane ticket for her birthday so she could come visit, and she arrives tomorrow for the week! I’m not sure what we’re going to do, besides hanging out. We’re supposed to go clothes shopping (I really need clothes), which could be quite the experience! And we have several offers for Thanksgiving dinner so we’ll stay busy! She’s a documenter so I’ll have pictures to post of her visit!

Thank you so much for your support after my last race, you guys are just the best! I’ve finally calmed down from the DNF and am working on enjoying my time off before mentally preparing for next season. I’ll be working on catching up on all your blogs this week (since I know my sister won’t let me work while she’s here!).

I hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

  1. Great for you enjoying the break from training while still doing some working out
    and Better yet your sis coming for Thanksgiving week - have a great week
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool your sister is coming for Turkey Day! I hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Triathlete by Morning, Grad Student by day. Bedtime by 10 PM."

    LOVE this tag line. So great. Found you through DRog.

    ReplyDelete