Friday, November 26, 2010

A week with the sister!

Monday:

Emily arrived in the afternoon. We got back to Prison City, grabbed food and hit up Target…part of Emily’s mission while in Texas was to take me shopping (I cannot clothes shop alone). She took that seriously and started right away!

Then we hung out.

Tuesday:

Although I was prepared not to work while she was here, Emily had brought homework thinking she’d have to entertain herself while I was in class. So Tuesday morning we hung out at my office (exciting, I know) and worked.

After working for a few hours we had lunch with my office mates, which was entertaining…Emily’s first taste of the guys I hang out with (my ladies were gone so she just got to meet the men-folk).

Once we got our share of testosterone (she has a higher tolerance level than I do, for obvious reasons) we drove south for more shopping, the real shopping.

The shopping went surprisingly well…no one died and we never fought. I ended up with some jeans and tops, both were badly needed. Of course when we got home we had to have a ‘fashion show’ so here’s the pix from that:

IMG_1489
Doing my best to look ‘sophisticated’. Didn’t turn out so well. 

IMG_1493 
This was the last decent picture before we got carried away…

IMG_1494

  IMG_1507 IMG_1508 IMG_1509

IMG_1513 IMG_1514 IMG_1515

What can I say, I have an awesome lunatic for a sister.

Tuesday night we hung out and watched a movie before calling it a night.

Wednesday:

Wednesday was the random filled day. We spent more time at the office:

IMG_1486

After we finished our respective projects (hers was much more interesting than mine) we ran some errands and I showed her where the body farm is located (no access today though):

IMG_1488

We putzed around for a while in the afternoon before catching a late showing of Morning Glory, which was decent. I guess I should point out that Emily was part of my mover minions back in August so she’s already done the ‘tourist’ things around town, which is why we spent a lot of the time just hanging out.

Thursday:

Our original Turkey Day plans were derailed in Koeppel Luck fashion so instead of heading south to the coast we were stuck in Hellsville. But have no fear, we had a standing invitation with some friends of mine (three guys who I refer to as the Three Stooges). So over to the dinner site we went and hung out with the Stooges and one of their wives.

We ended up staying quite a while and had AMAZING food and watched football while hanging out and chatting. Despite our blown plans, we both had a really nice thanksgiving with some buddies of mine.

Friday:

We decided on a whim to partake in Black Friday. I think Emily was surprised at how quickly I agreed to participate, however I did stipulate that we would be doing it in Huntsville.

6AM we hit Target…and left 20 minutes later. We weren’t going for anything specific, just to check out the sales. Emily was shocked at the difference between the crowds here and the crowds at home…or the lack of crowds here. That would be why I agreed to go: I knew no one would travel TO Huntsville to shop, they are all leaving Huntsville heading south for the real stores!

Then we hung out some more before Emily flew out in the afternoon.

It was great having her visit, it was fun to hang out. I’m super glad she came for the holiday so I wouldn’t be so lonely!

Now I’m back to isolation until everyone returns for classes on Monday. So until then its back to work for me!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. Great to have Thanksgiving with family sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast! So cool your sister came to see you for turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should have body farm museums. Emily was telling me about it, sounds fascinating! You need to go inside some day and tell me alll about it. Maybe sneak a couple photos too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you two had a lot of fun! The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete