Last night, JC and I drove into Houston to witness a rebirth…Lady Gaga.
And it was a blast!
But before the concert, we made a few pitstops to make it more of a day trip.
The first stop: Bike Barn….yup, that’s right…someone is bike shopping (and it’s not me!)! JC is thinking of investing a road bike of her very own! Turns out she loves to bike with me, but my road bike is too big for her. So we stopped on the way into town and had her ride a few models and styles. So, she checked out a hybrid and a road bike so she could report back to her parents (…birthday gift…). Check out her first bike tests:
![]()
Trying out the road bike…Trek 1.2
So, now she’s got a better idea of her bike size and what type of model she’s looking for. I’m super excited to have a riding buddy again…and maybe I can convince her to participate in a few more triathlons with me!!
So, back to Gaga. She went on about 2 hours after the concert started and played a 2 hour set. She was never off the stage more than a minute and a half for costume changes (which there were at least 7 of) and set changes (4 major changes with several minor ones). It was awesome! She also had a few monologues, which were great to hear as well, a lot about how she created the Monster Ball so that no one would feel like a freak and about her work towards raising awareness and funding of GLBT homeless youth. Regardless of what you think of her music, you have to respect her as a person for several reasons: 1) she writes her own music. 2) she actually sings, no lip syncing. 3) she uses her ‘fame power’ for good, she’s given millions to various charities and continues to do so. But anyway, the concert was awesome, well worth the price of the tickets and the drive down! Our seats were defininetly decent. We weren’t on the floor but were at the back of the venue so we got a clear shot of everything. They also had the mega-trons which helped. Here’s some visuals from the concert (taken from the mega-trons):
![]()
Always snacking, no matter what I’m doing!
![]()
During her ‘encore’ performance of Born this Way
![]()
Playing the piano that was burn in an apocalypse (there were 3 pianos I think)
![]()
After her bloody song, Alejandro.
So that was Gaga. The next concert JC and I are heading to is Deftones (her favorite band)…needless to say, that experience will be VERY different than Gaga and Robyn!
On the training front, things are going slow, but well. I’ve acquired a few more Spinerval DVDs and am getting my butt handed to me on a regular basis but it’s feeling good. We had some cold weather so I just got back in the pool today, but JC’s form is looking great so she’ll be ready for our race in May!
Quick question. I’ve been thinking about getting a MP3 player for the pool…anyone have experience or suggestions about them? I’m starting to get bored on long sets! Thanks!
Have a good weekend and train safe!
Sounds like you guys had a great time at the concert! My 17 yr. old niece would be jealous!
ReplyDeleteLooks like we're both slowly getting back into the swing of things. I don't use Spinervals but I do use DVDs from Spinning.com and boy, can THEY hurt! They do the trick, though. I'll be doing a lot of indoor work due to the extreme heat and wind we're already getting, so those DVDs will come in handy.
I hope JC finds a bike she likes. I absolutely LOVE my Lexa (even though she's been neglected for a while now) and am looking forward to getting back in the saddle. Good luck with the bike hunt!
Great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteI can't say I am a huge Lady Gaga fan. Her music is catchy and gets stuck in my head if I hear it though.
ReplyDeleteI did see an interview with her on 60 minutes and she came off as really genuine artist. While she is anything but traditional, she seems to have a well defined self image and isn't doing this for just the publicity. I was impressed.
Woohoo on the bike for JC!
What size bike did she land on? I have a Trek Pilot 2.1 WSD for sale. 54. CHEAP!
ReplyDelete