So, I was heading to Iowa City today to go bike shopping (more about that later...if it happens), in my brand new (used) Subaru, which I bought LESS than a month ago.
Things were going well, I was cruising singing to Backstreet Boys (go ahead and laugh, I'm very secure with my music tastes), when all the sudden I lost gas power (to move the car, not farting). I pulled over to the side of the road on the busy Interstate 380. My new (non-named) car was smoking under the hood!! I opened the hood and made like 12,000 phone calls (no one answered!).
After finally getting a hold of my dad, I called my insurance company for roadside assistance. The lovely people at Progressive helped me out and told me to sit tight to wait for a tow truck.
I waited an hour and a half.
In all reality, that's not that bad, but it was boring to sit in the car and watch other cars speeding by. Finally the tow truck came and back to the Cedar Valley we went. He dropped me off at the auto place and my aunt came to pick me up.
We were almost back to my apartment when I realized...I forgot to leave the car keys at the mechanics!! I was doing so well and I had to forget that! She turned around and we dropped off the keys and I finally made my way home...3 hours after breaking down on the road.
I just wanted to go home to go bike shopping and hang with the family for the weekend...it shouldnt be this hard. Hopefully I'll make it to IC eventually although the bike purchase might need to be postponed...which will suck.
Good news though, yesterday I ran 6 miles for the first time ever! And to top it off I ran it in 54:30...which means I am officially fast(er) than I was!! I was pretty pumped about that. I have a 5k on saturday so I'll be back then with the report!
Hope your cars are working!!
No comments:
Post a Comment