Monday, May 11, 2009

Summer is here!

Finally! Summer is here and I have extra time again! Although I'm sure I'll go crazy with all the free time, I've been able to start really working out again, which is great!
I didn't hit my goals last week but thats ok. I went for a 20 mile bike ride that felt great and will continue working on longer distances as the weather stays nice. It's supposed to rain again this week so I'll hit the pool again, it's been way too long.

I've been bike hunting for my better half, she wants a road bike so she can join me on longer bike rides with decent speed. Hopefully we'll find one soon, although this bike hunting is making me want a triathlon bike...even though I really don't need one! So instead I think I'm going to start shopping for clip on aerobars.

Our summer is shaping up to be a busy one, we've got something practically every weekend, although we're going to make time to go camping. I think we'll be camping for a couple of my triathlons, but the night after, not the night before.

I'll keep ya posted on how the summer progresses, my first race is coming up next month, I'm pretty pumped!

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to maybe get one this weekend!! maybe then a trip to cedar rapids???

    BB

    ReplyDelete