This morning I did my first outdoor brick of the season. It was beautiful 55 degree sunny weather as a set out for my 15 mile bike. I biked a simple out and back course on the bike trails around here. Last time I biked this route I was really tired at the end and didn't feel very good about the ride at all.
Today I focused on keeping my cadence high by staying in the small gears. I wanted to keep my legs fresh for the run later on. Overall this worked well. I didn't struggle up hills and was feeling good when I hit the halfway point. I hit my turn around and was actually going to go further when I ran into mud and decided to turn around. Too bad I had already ridden through some of the mud. The problem was, I was used to riding my mountain bike through mud, which is just fine. With a road bike, it's a bit different.
I stopped to clean most of the mud off of Gwen (my bike) and headed back. I didn't end with a negative split, but I knew I wouldn't as I was going up more hills than the first half. In the end I did the 15 miles in 57.03 minutes which was ok for me.
I ran upstairs to change shoes and shirts and headed out for my run. My legs felt fresh, which was nice, obviously my high cadence trick worked well. I only ran 2 miles but it was enough to get out of the bike legs and into the run legs.
I was really pleased with this workout although my legs are sore now, I have not been loyal to the training lately. I'm still hoping to hit my distance goals this week so I might do a small brick tomorrow with my better half...its going to be nice out again.
I'll let you know how my goals go and what they are for next week!
Keep it real, yo.
No comments:
Post a Comment