It feels like I haven’t posted in forever, even though I have, but here are 7 things going on in my life, just to get you up to speed:
1) I went to Colorado (as you may know). It was a nice vacation and I didn’t have many workouts to do, just two for the half…however I HATE running at altitude so I really struggled with those. Had fun in Colorado and came home.
2) While I was in Colorado my computer ‘crashed’, well actually it got a virus. However I remained calm, because one of my best friends is a high class tech nerd and had given me software to reimage my computer, which I did when I got home and BAM, good as new and I still don’t have to shell out for a new laptop!
3) I installed my new aero bars from Britney and am LOVING them! I’m not a whole lot more aero, but they are really comfortable. Now I just need to make final minor adjustments. You should see how I’m keeping my computer on my bike since I had to move it..twisty ties! I’ll post pictures soon.
4) I’m well into my half marathon training, although this week was not the best week (with all the travelling). I seemed to have hit a wall (not a brick wall, but a wall nonetheless), the wall is mental rather than physical, if that’s good I’m not so sure.
5) I’m home in IC for the week, I’m a counselor at a week long camp for just a few kids but I’m super pumped about it. I’ll still get my workouts in, dont worry.
6) I’ve finally selected the 5 schools that I will apply to for my PhD for next year. If you’re interested they are: Uni of Cincinnati (Ohio), Northeastern University (Boston MA), Uni of Nebraska at Omaha, Sam Houston State Uni (Huntsville TX) and Washington State University. I’m NOT excited about the application process.
7) My better half and I went to our 4th gay wedding of the summer with my family last night, it was a beautiful ceremony and reception. I’ll post more of those pictures tomorrow when I get them from my sister. We keep getting asked when we’re getting married…pigs aren’t flying yet, people!
Two things about today:
1) This morning Britney and I went to the res so I could take a ride on the bike course for a race in September while she took a nature walk with her camera. The course for the sprint is 15 miles with 5 climbs on the way out and 4 on the way back. While the climbs are nothing like today’s stage of the Tour, I want to practice on them anyway.
2) This afternoon I went for my scheduled 3-4 mile run…which turned into a hobble which turned into a walk. Apparently it’s not smart to trash your legs in the morning, have a heavy lunch, then have ice cream cake, fill your stomach with water and THEN go running. Lesson learned.
I’ll do my best to post all pictures tomorrow and then keep you up to speed as my week goes on! Congrats to all the recent racers!
Um, I think I just saw a pig fly by my window...just sayin'...
ReplyDeleteWhat are you getting your PhD in ? v. exciting !
ReplyDelete