First off, you’ll be happy to know that my training has officially started again. No more talk of the awesome stuff I’ve been getting, now it’s talk of using the awesome stuff. Here’s the last few days in review:
Sunday 1/17: Ran 30 minutes. 5 x (5min run, 1 min walk). Avg. pace: 9:48. Felt good considering my current fitness shape.
Monday 1/18: Nothing, went shopping with the fam in CR.
Tuesday 1/19: 30 minute Core workout early AM. Pool session late AM: 2000 yards, 45 minutes using a sprint workout from my new book. Overall good workout considering it was my first time in a pool since late October…no joke. I’m not as out of shape as I thought which was good, but not as in shape as I had hoped, which is bad.
Wednesday 1/20: 30 minute arm strength workout in the AM and a 45 minute trainer ride, the first on my new bike, which turned out 12.5 miles.
On tap for the rest of the week: Leg strength workout and run on Thursday, core and swim on Friday, bike on Saturday and another run on Sunday.
But back to real life (you know, the life outside of triathlon), the life that has been keeping me busy:
1) I’m officially scheduled to graduate in May (which is awesome!!) because…
2) I just finalized my thesis defense date (the day that I present about my thesis research and then have it ripped apart by professors while I ‘defend’ my reasonings for all decisions made).
3) I finished all my PhD program applications. If someone is nice and lets me in, in the fall I’ll be moving to one of the following states: Nebraska, Washington, Texas, Virginia or Massachusetts.
4) Although I have one publication piece submitted and is getting peer reviewed as we speak, I’ve started another one or two…in the form of book reviews, which thankfully won’t take as long.
5) Social research has it’s ups and it has it’s downs. Unfortunately for me, today at work (where I’m a research assistant) I sat and bubbled in scantron sheets…for 4 hours!! Every job has crappy days for sure.
Anyhoosiers, that’s the dealio with me, what’s new with you?
I vote Texas for sure...I grew up there and there is no other place like it in the world. You would love it there...
ReplyDeleteI vote Washington, so pretty up their. And tons of biking and running trails.
ReplyDeleteI hope when I get back in the pool next week I too will find that I'm not as out of swim shape as I thought.
ReplyDeleteAnd you do certainly have a lot going on outside of training. Not sure where the schools you're considering are located in those states but one that gives you a good opportunity to succeed with your PhD plans and offers the opportunity to also enjoy doing the things you enjoy doing outside of school would get my vote.
Personally, I would go west....but that's coming from someone who has spent his ENTIRE life up and down the eastern seaboard...good luck with the school stuff!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a LOT of great stuff going on - awesome! YEA for the publications and the works-in-progress. That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteAs for the training - yes! :) The swimming will come back...give it time - and nice on the run. Very solid. Aaand...the bike. LOVE IT! What a great addition to your family! SUPER!