My first triathlon of the season is on Sunday, Bluff Creek’s Olympic distance:
- I’m getting really excited, even with having to get up at 4am to drive to the race site.
- My butt is going to get handed to me, since I’m not prepared for the race, but I’m prepared for that.
- Ironically, I think I’m most prepared for the run, my weakest leg. I’ve had some awesome runs with fast paces!
- This is going to be my first race with my new bike, Frankie as well as my first tri with my Garmin!
- Originally my goal was to break 3 hours (my last two oly distances hovered around 3:04) but I’m not too sure that that is going to happen since I’ve been slacking on the training.
- The goal of Sunday’s race: to have fun so it is a great season opener…then I’ll be excited about training again. I’m lacking that spark and I think this will put it back.
- I’ll be sure to check back Sunday afternoon or Monday morning to let you know if I survived.
I know this is a short post, but it’s been a busy week but I’ll leave you with some cute pictures from earlier this week of me, my Better Half and our sisters:
(The girls were up in CF for the Dalai Lama’s visit and we headed to a park for dinner and while they took pictures, I went for an AWESOME 4 mile run around the lake…good night!)
Have a good weekend!!
I don't think I'll ever be excited about getting up at 4am to drive to a race but I'm excited for you. Have fun and look forward to hearing how it goes.
ReplyDeleteAnd fun photos. LOVE that fourth one especially!
Woohooo!!!! Have an awesome race! Hope you feel a big difference on your new bike and in your run! Damn, you are fast, I am jealous. I hope to break 3 hrs someday!
ReplyDeleteHere's wishing you a great first race of the season! Swim, bike, run smart and have fun too. I look forward to hearing all about it. Nice pics you posted...did you do the 4 miles on a trail?
ReplyDeleteGood luck! You are going to do awesome! I hope you and Frankie the bike kick some butt. My PR 3:03 so I know how you feel about breaking 3hrs - freaking 3 minutes ticked me off. I hope you break that 3hr mark! AND I love the pictures of you and the girls, so awesome (way to sneak a run in) - did I just read Dalai Lama? WOW cool. Would love to hear about it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck Maria! Looking forward to a race report. Race HARD!
ReplyDeleteHave an awesome weekend Maria!!! YEA! The picture of you and Brittney by the lake is beautiful! What a cute couple!!! :) Have a GREAT race!!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo good luck!!!
ReplyDelete