Saturday, April 25, 2009

I got four new wheels!!

Well this week was crap again, life got in the way so my training has fallen by the waste side. Not good. It was a busy one, I was still looking for a car, preparing for my thesis proposal defense, trying to get access to my sample populations for the thesis, staying on top of school working and still maintaining my relationship with my better half. Which meant something had to go. I was not happy about it but by the time I realized I had not worked out, a week had gone by!

This next week isn't going to be any better, finals are just around the corner and I have a stats exam that is going to kick my arse from here to kingdom come! However, my defense is behind me (I passed with flying colors, thank you) and I JUST BOUGHT A CAR!! So that's less stress I have to deal with.

I just got the car yesterday and I'm more excited about not having to look for cars anymore then actually having the car. I feel like I should specify that it is a used car, but it's new to me and it is my first car as a 'grown up'..blah! Here is my new four wheel ride (not my bike with training wheels...), it's a 2001 black Subaru Forester...I am now open to name suggestions. It will be good for tri-traveling since I can through my bike in the back until I get a fancy top bike rack. Not to mention it has all wheel drive...take that Iowa winters!! And my favorite part: A SUNROOF!!

Ok enough about the car. The weather is finally getting nice so I hope to get outside this coming week. I need to hit the bike trails more than anything else so my goal for this coming week, starting tomorrow: swim 4000-5000 yards, run 8 miles and bike at least 40 miles. I think I can do that, but writing it here means I really HAVE to do that. I'll keep you posted since I know you'll be waiting on the edge of your seat in anticipation.

Happy TRI-aning!

No comments:

Post a Comment