Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life just gets in the way!


First off, Happy Birthday to my Dad who turns the big 5-0 today! No more life in the forties dad!

That being said, isn't it funny how life can sometimes (aka all the time) get in the way? I was going along, happily minding my own business, training constantly, enjoying the time to work out then... BAM! Life, specifically school, just jumps in my way like an over grown elementary bully wanting my milk money! However, unlike the bully, I can't just kick school in the balls and walk away laughing (well I could, but that would be one VERY expensive kick!).

So, aside training must go...at least for this weekend and the beginning of next week. I will still make time to work out, espeically if it's going to be nice this weekend (the bike will be calling!). However, my D-Day is coming up in less than 2 weeks. D-Day is Defense Day which is when I must stand up in front of my thesis committee, professors and any student who apparently has nothing better to do and defend my proposal for my thesis work. There is no problem with that. However, I must first make the changes to my thesis draft (which there are approximently 12,004 changes). Then I must put together a 20 minute presentation complete with powerpoint regarding the topic. Finally I must fill out buerocratic paperwork for the review board process to ensure my topic is ethical (me, not ethical?!).

This may not seem like too much work, and it's really not...when you're not already taking a full load of graduate classes. The key here is the end of the semester is coming up, which means research papers (20-30 pages) due in EVERY class. On top of that, my car (the one with stage 4 rust cancer) has officially died and there is nothing we can do about it. Now, I have no car (which isn't a problem for me, but it is for Britney), and must look for a car while trying to do everything else. So, something has to go, or at least decrease for the sake of my already small levels of sanity.

But I will be back...the books cant keep me away for too long! I'll keep you posted if I get to do anything fun in the next few days.

Later Dudes!

1 comment:

  1. i am sorry if i cause you to loose your sanity somtimes... but i am pretty sure that that was in the contract when i signed it almost 7 years ago :)

    ReplyDelete