Enter my race dilemma.
Race a sprint in early June or add another Olympic in August.
So all last night and so far today I've been going through the Pro's for each. Let's go through them, shall we?
In this corner we have the Holiday Lake Triathlon (Spring in June):
Pros:
- Cheap
- It's the first year, I think is special to be a part of first years of events
- Could be easier to place because it's the first year
- Close to home --- wouldn't require getting a hotel room for the night, and more family would come
- Sprints require less running!
- It's the first year: tech problems could be everywhere
- Sometimes I feel like people (non-triathletes) don't take Sprints as serious since they aren't as long and I like to prove myself to people for no reason other than to push myself further.
Pros:
- Cheap (compared to the other Oly's I signed up for)
- Olympic distance -- I'll continue to challenge myself
- Further away from home, requires a hotel for the night (keep in mind I'm a student)
- Bigger race, probably won't place
- I haven't done an oly yet but am already signed up for two, this might burn me out
- Longer running distance
I decided to stick with another sprint, making my individual events 3 sprints and 2 oly's for the year. DO NOT LET ME SIGN UP FOR ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL EVENT! I have plenty of road races to fill my other time. I'm shooting for a couple 10K's here and there too.
Well that's that for me!
Keep on tri-ucking!
No comments:
Post a Comment