Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Update

I've had quite a busy weekend since my last update on Thursday! Instead of boring you with a long post, I'll just share the highlights!
  • As I'm sure you heard, on Friday the Iowa Supreme Court ruled in favor of same sex marriage, which is SUPER exciting despite the fact that BB and I will be moving out of the state next year.
  • So in celebration my sister, BB and her sister headed to Iowa City for the rally celebration (see picture #1).
  • Which meant that my long ride was going to be cut short. I did get a short ride (9 miles) in, which was good since the weather was awesome!! I definitely need to hit the bike hard core, my average speed was 15.5 mph, I'd like that to be around 17 by race season.
  • However, the day did not end that well as my car has stage 4 cancer---rust style. That meant we couldn't take the car to Iowa City, which was a MASSIVE bummer until....Lizard to the rescue! She lent us her car and off to the IC we were.
  • BB and I got back from IC late despite our early mornings. I had the Footsteps 4 Flood Relief 5k with Lizard Saturday morning and despite being really tired....I PR'd by over a minute!! My time was 28:06 and I felt great, I could not believe it! I was pretty pumped for the rest of the day...of doing homework.
  • And today life started to suck again...homework all day and ya know, typical Iowa weather...snow (see picture #2 of my mountain bike in jail because of snow).

Picture #1 Rally in Iowa City


Picture #2 The Snow Jail
Hopefully this week will be a good one, although it will be hard to top just 2 days of class last week! If it's nice out I'll be running and biking until my legs fall off!
Congrats to the awesome job to those that raced IM NO 70.3!

Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment