Although I’ve been in kind of a blah mood the past few days, I’ll catch you up with what’s been going on:
1) I have officially reached a crossroad in life. I’ve been accepted into PhD programs at 3 schools in 3 states. Each program/state has their advantages and disadvantages.
This past weekend, right after Chicago, my dad and I flew down to Texas to visit Sam Houston State University. (I’ll post pictures from the visit later) Turns out, I’m partially insane because I’ve accepted their offer and will be MOVING TO TEXAS in 4 months. (I’m pretty sure that if Britney comes with me, we’ll double the gay population)
(Dude, that’s a long way away!)
But more on that later when I have more time to wrap my head around it.
2) When I finally returned to Iowa, namely the Cedar Valley area I came home to a rather large storm with rather large hail. Thankfully since I was in Iowa City with the car it escaped damage but others were not so lucky due to hail like this:
3) Needless to say when I returned from Chicago, Texas and back to back meetings in Iowa City, my own work has started to pile up. Although I’m officially done with my thesis, I have other publications I’m working on and I have more work travelling coming up in the next weeks and months (who knew that research geeks traveled so much?!).
4) What’s worse is my training has completely suffered due to my travelling. Let me just remind you that I have this (small) race in 2 weeks in the form of 13 big ones. (Your line: “oh yea, she’s got that half mary coming up!”)
Right now I’m torn: half of me is worried because I have not been able to dedicate much time to running lately, so I don’t think I’ll be able to finish the course in time (it closes at 2:30 hours). The other half of me thinks that since I’ve done one half and know what to expect that I’ll be able to push myself when I really need it during the race. Plus with my handy dandy techo GPS, I’ll have a better estimate of the time/distance thing when I’m starting to die in the middle of the race. Either way I’m gonna be rockin the Drake in 2 weeks, just hope I’m ready!
5) On the up side, I’ve joined a Master’s Swim Club so I’ll be hitting the pool more often (except next Monday, next Thursday, the following Monday, the following Thursday…) or at least more often that I have been!
Well I’m off now, Britney and I have a 5K this morning. I promise more posts are coming soon!
Good luck in the 5k, and with the big decision.
ReplyDeleteWay go on the school front! I have a pretty good feeling that you are going to go far in life!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the 5K. Will be waiting for a race report.
Hope the 5k was a great one...anxiously await a race report. Wow, Texas? You are gonna have a ton of triathlons to pick from and way better weather to train in. Very nice! Your comment on my blog about forgetting the ben and jerry's ice cream...instead, i had really yummy gourmet chocolate chunk (not chips, chunks) cookies after and felt like i was going to slip into a sugar coma. My body is not used to that but i was craving something sweet. Now i won't want any for a year.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the picking a school!!!
ReplyDelete